Temp issue :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by freegrow11, May 17, 2011.

1. #21 greenbudguy, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How do you plan to add CO2?

2. homemade co2 bottle, the only concerns I had was I don't know how much co2 it actually generates (1tsp yeast, 1/2-1 cup sugar, water)

3. #23 greenbudguy, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm using the same setup. I have a gallon one in the closet and a smaller 16oz one for my trunk

4. I bought another inline fan @ 80 cfm and instead of using the same inline fan pulling through a carbon filter as my main exhaust, I will use the inline fan for exhaust then use the carbon filter + inline fan in the closet to clean the stinky air. I put in the 80cfm inline and now my temps are going higher :S.. there up to 93.Which isn't to bad because I'm in veg still and I do have co2 in there now but if they go above 95.. it wont be fun. Why would the inline fan pulling air just by itself and not through a carbon filter make the temps go up.

I have 2 intake holes that I recently put a small peice of ducting in each to block light, and it seems my temps have gone up since then. Both intake vents are intaking right behind my osculating fan which blows through the plants and is aimed at the lights as well. Its very hard to get my temp gauge in a spot where lights do not hit it, and where my intake is actually hitting it. I know the room temperature is 93.. but where the plants are the air is nice and cool and being circulated well.

5. set your temp gauge on your planting medium, next to the stalk no? wouldn't that basically provide you with your overall "ambient" cab temp? if you are concnerned about light distance from girly, use the back of the hand method.

an ambient temp at 93 could be difficult to cool through two passive intakes, one oscillating fan, and one 120mm axial fan all the way down 18 degrees to a smooth 75dg.F.

good luck. i'll follow just because it'd sweet to see this work.

**how did the temp RISE when you put the inline fan alone, most likely the only reason i can think of is the temjp gauge got placed in a place where the temp was warmer maybe??

6. #26 freegrow11, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    The only "cool" air coming into my cab is directly behind my osculating fan.. which blows through the plants and lights. I figured if I put the temp gauge there then it would tell me the temp that is going through the plants. Its at 80.9degrees.. so I think were looking good.

Moving the carbon filter out of the room gives me more room, so I think I'm going to move the exaust/roof down about a half foot or so. Less area = more exhaust :rolleyes: