temp/humidity

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tylerjb, Apr 12, 2010.

1. i got a temp of 76-81 degrees and humidity 31-33%.
    sound okay?

what is the perfect temp/humidity?:confused:

2. The temps are real good, but the humidity is kind of arid. You can try to bump it up by placing a cup or saucer of water in with the plants. How this works is the heat from the lights evaporates the water into the air raising the relative humidity in the general area. If you have a fan blowing or moving the air, this will increase your chances to have a low humidity causing dry spots and amage to the fan leaves.

3. ya temp's are good to go. your humidity is only a little low for vegging plant's but they will grow just fine, 31-33% RH is perfect though for flowering big dense bud's...
    keep's the bug's down and ward's off bud mold..so your golden IMO..
    for veg 50-60% work's great but i go 40-50% to knock back pest's...that would be ideal veg humidity..

4. I placed a bowl of water directly infront of the fan and allowed the fan to blow across the water and then on to the plant. this alone raised the r/h from 31% to 39% i also use the water to help lower the temp in my cubbord by throwing ice into the bowl and directing the fan on it. dont let this blow directly on your plants. its not as good as a humidifier but it sure works in a pinch.

5. i went to 12/12 today and i just checked the humidity and temp and its was 67deg with 53% hum.