Temp & Humidity

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Sypha, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Havent been able to get to them
    Basement has some water in it.. i know that cant be good for the humidity..
    Thinking of moving the operation upstairs where theirs never flooding, itll make things alot easier regulationg the air.

2. Can this be the results of the high heat or a bad ph or a nutes defic... or what.. what can be causing this..??

Plz help!

(All new grow looks great but bottom leaves turned to this. I just picked them off so the plant wont waste too much energy on them)

(Pic below)

Attached Files:

3. Heat stress generally effects the tender leaves of new growth first. This looks like nutrient deficiency of some sort. Calcium/magnesium deficiency seem to be the most prominent cause. Bare in mind, ph lockout effectively prevents the root system from uptaking nutrients so the initial results of deficiency or lockout are similar. What is your water source; municipal, well, filtered or bottled? Do you have a ph meter? What is your light source? I've heard LED's can leach cal/mag pretty severely.

If you've got water in the basement with internal box temps in the 90's you're definitely flirting with a mold disaster!

Some friendly advice:

1. If you have the option of moving your operation to a more environmentally controlled area, do so.

2. Set up some type of exhaust system to eliminate those oppressive heat levels.

3. If you don't have means of checking your ph levels, switch to bottled reverse osmosis water.

4. Get some cal/mag additive if possible. If unavailable, epsom salt is an alternative I've heard.

5. As long as the effected leaves are still as green as those you removed, it's probably better to leave them in place at this stage in the growth cycle. They won't recover but as long as they're green they're converting light into energy for the plant.

4. Okay i wont remove anymore leaves. The new ones look good.. i started feeding with rain water and miracle grow nutes.

When i regular water its with plain rain water or faucet water when i run out of rain water..

Light source is 2 23w = 100w CFL’s.. thanks for all ur help..

I definitely need to move this this somewhere else in the house

• Like Like x 1
  5. So imade a b.s sub floor kinda bridge so i can get to the plant..
    Still havent found a good place in my home to move em’ too so im still working with the flodded basement.

Hows this.. is it still too hot??
    Is the humidity better??
    Answers plz help.

(Pic below)

Attached Files:

6. Much better. Temps within reason. I strive to keep my temps below 80f but occasionally gets a bit higher and I've had some productive gardens. RH is a little higher than most would desire but with your flooded basement that's probably the best you could expect. This environment is a utopia for mold so be vigilant and put an exhaust system on your #1 priority list. Once you get some good fresh air flowing through your grow box consider spraying everything down with a mild mixture of apple cider vinegar (about 1 oz per qt of water). Spray all interior surfaces and the plant thoroughly. I can just about guarantee you're gonna have some mold spores floating around in there with that flooded basement.

7. I would transplant that to a bigger pot and bury that stem. It doesnt look like much soil also like people said fan and air helps

• Like Like x 2
  8. If y

9. Miracle grow nutes are shit u should get different nutes and only feed it at quarter strenght of what the dose says for the first week to 2 then gradually go stronger or u will give it nutrient burn.

10. Will do
    have u seen my other post about the seedlings maybe you can help me out over their from scratch.

11. #31 Sypha, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Thanks mann..
    Your scaring me with the mold but i know its real & it can ruin all the hard work i put in so far..

Once the water goes down first thing im doing is making an exhaust system for the basement to outside the house & bring in fresh air thru it also.. is this possible?? Check this diagram out!!

Or will i need 2 inline fans (found em’ cheap) one to just blow out the closet into the rest of the basement (the weed smell isnt an issue) & another one to bring in fresh air from the window (from out side basically)..?? Plz help.. imma make this happen some way some how.

(Pic below)

Attached Files:

12. Nope never seen it but im sure i couĺd help u.

13. What is the cfm rating of this fan and what is the size of your grow box? I try to get a fan that has the capabilities of exchanging air twice per minute.

Orient your fan to exhaust air from your box and place it as high in the grow box as possible. Place the intake duct near the bottom of your box on the opposite side if possible. This will give a good cross ventilation of the entire interior. Routing to outside air source is excellent setup and will keep the plants happy. How long will your duct be? If they're going to very lengthy you may have to step up the volume of the fan a bit to compensate for the resistance of the duct. If you need help in computations just post the size of your grow box and length of the duct and I'll be glad to assist.

14. [/QUOTE] Routing to outside air source is excellent setup and will keep the plants happy. How long will your duct be? If they're going to very lengthy you may have to step up the volume of the fan a bit to compensate for the resistance of the duct. If you need help in computations just post the size of your grow box and length of the duct and I'll be glad to assist.[/QUOTE]
    The duct will be roughly 10’ to bring in fresh air..

The exhaust isnt going to have a vent its just going to blow out the room into the rest of the basement..

The size of the room is 2 x 2.5 x 4..

Thanks for all your help!

15. Routing to outside air source is excellent setup and will keep the plants happy. How long will your duct be? If they're going to very lengthy you may have to step up the volume of the fan a bit to compensate for the resistance of the duct. If you need help in computations just post the size of your grow box and length of the duct and I'll be glad to assist.[/QUOTE]

The exhaust isnt going to have a vent its just going to blow out the room into the rest of the basement..

The size of the room is 2 x 2.5 x 4..

Thanks for all your help!

16. Only about 20 cubic feet. Most any 4" inline fan will be more than adequate for proper air exchange. They are generally rated from 100-150 cfm. You'd be golden with that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Okay so im going to lowes tomorrow to buy this i called & made sure they had them in-stock.. what do u think??

I figured since my grow space is so small this should do the trick as far as exhaust goes..

Keep in mind its a very small closet space..
    No where near the size of a bathroom
    2’ x 2’ x 4’..

(Pic below)

Attached Files:

18. #38 boocoodinkydow, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Golden, Sypha! This will give you an exchange rate of 3X per minute. Mount it at the top and place your inlet air ports near the bottom.

Good luck
    BCDD

19. Got it.. installing it tomorrow a im exhausted from todays run arounds..

Question buddy.. my plants now 18” tall its been vegging for about a month now.. but if i let it get any bigger i wont be able to house the grow spurt that comes with flowering..

Can i start flowering now even tho its only been vegging for a month??

Thanks in advance!

(Pic below)

Attached Files:

20. Plants looking much better than the initial pix you posted a few days ago. Appears you've conquered the overwatering problem. Good job!

I just noticed in my previous post I stated the air exchange would be 3X per hour; should have been 3X per minute. Sorry.

Definitely flip now! With only 4' of height you may run into a problem even by flipping now. Many strains more than double in size during the flower stage. Some low stress training is probably going to be in order sooner or later.

Also, it looks like it's time for a repotting. Might want to put that on your near term agenda.

Your grow is looking really nice in spite of the little controversies you've encountered. Congrats!

• Like Like x 1