Temp & Humidity

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Sypha, Jun 7, 2018.

1. New grower here..
    I posted a pic of my temp/humidifier reading..
    Am i in good range or is their something i need to change??

Thanks growers!

Attached Files:

2. The plant doesn't look happy. A little droopy. Possibly over watering? Do you have drain holes in the container? Temp and RH are in the upper range of acceptable for most strains. I strive to keep RH closer to 60 but sometimes it gets away from me on rainy days. Not a travesty but more susceptible to the possibility of mold. Be vigilant.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will watering less possibly bring humidity down?? Im trying to figure out the most common growing conditions for a good mold free yeild thats why im asking a humid/temp question.

4. Air circulation! Exhaust and a breeze with a oscillating fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. A
    Yes i have holes at the bottom of the pot..
    but ive yet to put enough water to where it drips out the bottom.. it puddles on top then ill stop i havent had it pour out the bottom holes yet.

6. As hunter stated air circulation is paramount. I see the small fan in the pic but do you have an exhaust fan to draw in fresh ambient air into the grow box? How often do you water and is this a soil grow? Is there any perlite in the soil?

7. No i dont have an fan for exhaust or one to bring in fresh air.. i guess i need 2 more fans.

I water about every 2 days.

When i changed it to this medium i used miracle grow potting soil. I think it mightve had some in it.

8. Exchanging air is imperative to a healthy plant. It will go a long way in helping temps and humidity as well. Check Amazon for a 4" inline fan. Relatively inexpensive if I remember right maybe $20. Place it near the top of your grow box or tent and orient it to blow out. Make some fresh air ports near the bottom for air to be drawn in.

Try to learn to water by judging the weight of the pot. Pick it up when you water to get a feel of the weight. Pick it up daily to judge the weight. When it feels significantly lighter, that's the time to water. Over watering is the cardinal mistake we most often make. Propensity to love our plants to death. At this stage they don't use much water and in soil excess water around the roots can cause bad things to happen. Even if the roots go dry for a few days, it's not that detrimental. Some say when roots sense arid conditions it stimulates root growth in an effort to find moisture.

When you upsize your pot, consider adding more perlite. It's great for root aeration. Even 1/3 perlite isn't too much. If you don't already have the larger pot, smart pots or similar off brands are a great option. Again, offers good root zone aeration and offers self pruning for roots and avoids pot bound worries.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I looked up the inline fans and yes their pretty cheap $$ is not the issue its weather i really need it..
    I have a small fan laying around at home can i just make a hole for it to exhaust thru & a couple smaller holes down low to let air in?? Hows that sound??

11. Feasible. But another consideration you're going to be facing in the near future. Is your grow contained within your living space? If this is your first indoor grow you're going to be overwhelmed by the smell during flower stage. My first grow was in my divorced workshop; 1000 sq ft with 25' ceilings. I didn't see the need for a fan or filter in my grow box in such a remote setting. In my absence, I got a relative to look in on my garden. She was on the phone with me when she drove up. Even before entering the building she committed "There's been a skunk around here!"

• Like Like x 1
  12. My crib always smells like bud anyways.. buyin it makes me broke i have a terminal illness dr.s wont allow me to work so im choosing to grow my own.. but as much as we smoke the house always ALWAYS smells like sour!

• Like Like x 2
  13. No worries then. Give that fan a go and let us know how it works out. Technically it should work if you can get the logistics sorted out.

Sorry to hear of your condition. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So instead of adding the fan & making holes i might have to cover up later (im a handy man, the work isnt the problem) I thought of making a “diy dehumidifier”.. should work good its a pretty small space 2’ x 2.5’ x 4’.. but ill let you guys know how it goes

• Like Like x 1
  15. The diy dehumidifier works great..

Humidity is now down to 65% & I increased the heat to about 78° from 68°.

16. Tell me about the diy dehumidifier.

17. Sure.. heres the diy method i used.
    (See pic below)

I just made it on a smaller scale being that its a small closet.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanx. Good to know.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Update; i got the humidity down to 65% but the temp went up to 90° - 92° Is that okay????
    Any help?? Plz??

20. Temp is really pretty high. It's not going to be immediately disastrous but it's definitely something you need to get a handle on pretty quickly. Plants will definitely begin suffering from heat stress if those types of temps persist for long. What's the ambient temp in the room where you've got your grow box? Have you made any progress in exhausting air from your box?

• Like Like x 1