Temp humidity problems

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jimpuk, Mar 14, 2016.

1. I'm trying to setup a small grow tent. It measures 2ft by 2ft by 5ft approx. It has a 4 inch fan with carbon filter and I started with a 600w hps. Switched it all on and temp went up to over 100 Fahrenheit. So, got a 250 watt hps and a 4 inch in line fan for more air intake but even that is raising the temp into the 90's and the humidity is 30% if that. Seedlings are coming on and nearly ready for tent but I'm running out of ideas what I'm doing wrong. Tent is in a very big loft space and it is cool. Ie ambient temp of room yesterday was only about 50F. Any suggestions please, thank you 1457937254345.jpg 1457937281509.jpg 1457937301266.jpg 1457937315138.jpg 1457937345483.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Maybe adding some fans on the inside to circulate might help.. Probably only by a few degrees. I would blow air from the bottom up. Considering your intake is at the bottom and exhaust at the top, heat rises naturally, so if you help it out by blowing some air upward, it might do you some good.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Other than putting a cool tube in there, I would definitely put your circulation fan half way up your tent. Then I would look into cooling down your intake, because you are exhausting into the same room that your intake is. A small cool mist humidifier placed into a 3 - 4 gallon sealed bucket will 1, cool the intake air down, and 2, add the needed humidity that your plants will really need.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OK many thanks will explore these options! :)

5. I have pretty much the same setup only I am using 250 MH bulb until flower. Only different things I have is a 6" clip fan on one of the poles for air circulation and I had the humidity problem too so I bought a $40 humidifier and placed the intake duct right on top. My inline fan is on a speed controller and turned way down and I maintain temps around 77f.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also, why do you have your reflector bent like that? Kinda defeats the purpose.

7. I'm sure having that reflector straightened out won't help temperature problems... Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I wasn't saying that would help with temp. I was just wondering my its bent like that and saying it defeats the purpose of a reflector.

9. Many thanks for all the advice. I've got a 300w cfl now which has cooled it down, although considering how cool the room is its still quite warm. I'm just trying different ways to humidity at the moment without buying a humidifier but I think I might have to!

10. I did bend it in the hope of selecting some of the heat.

• Like Like x 1