Temp Control

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by uofscman, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Ok.....I'm a newbie, so help me out please. I have a 4x3x3 ft box with a 400 HPS bulb and a batwing reflector. Box is vented by a 6 inch 250 cfm inline duct fan to a 4" exhaust hole on the roof of the box. I have 1 four inch intake vent and 6 1 inch vent holes with pvc pipe. 2 plants in 4 gallon pots. I have a small fan running in the box as well.

My problem seems simple......its too freakin hot! Box is always about 20 degrees hotter than the outside room.....so on a typical day when its 70F, the box is in the 90+ range.

What else can I do to get the temp in there down? Any help would be appreciated......i have been lurking for about 1 month, but can't seem to find anything that i havent already done.....short of getting an a/c :mad:

thanks
    uofscman

2. immediate solution is this ..... open up the exhaust port to 6" ..... increase your single 4" intake to 6", and add another 6" ... which are down at the bottom i presume. the 1" intakes are virtually useless.

this solution isn't guaranteed .... but at least you've increased air flow to its maximum with the equipment you have! ... if this doesn't work .... the next step is an air cooled hood.

oh .... and welcome to GC!