Temp at low 20's for one night.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by M1chael, Jan 29, 2009.

1. i had two plants that my mom found and at first didn't bother,
    but then she got mad at me and dumped them out for the night where the temperature got in the low 20's.

I found it this morning and replanted them inside a new location( 3 x 2 box) with a small heater on inside for about 15 minutes.

Is there any chance of my plants making it?

They are still vegging and only 5 inches tall if that makes any difference.

Thank you for any input.

2. It would be easier for people to help you with pictures. Other than that see how they do for a few days. I cant imagine conditions like that for one night killing a plant thats 5 inches tall, maybe a newborn plant but idk bout that.

3. #4 M1chael, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    thanks for replying..
    i can try to get pics up as soon if i find my camera,
    but honestly.. my grow op is quite embarassing. >.<

4. I'll guarantee I've seen worse on here. theres some shoddy ass grow ops, but fuck it man. youre growing your own MJ i've already got respect for ya man. the blades here at the city could care less if youre growin in a freakin cardboard box... whatever works works my friend

5. haha, ok..
    but be prepared to either laugh your ass off or feel sorry for me.

6. lol dude i threw my grow box together in 2 days... its nothing more than plywood, caulk, screws and nails.

7. That fact you care about growing is good enough for me to care. Shed the embaracement. You like what what we like, it's something we all have in common here. No worries buddy.Now did the plants actually freeze? Are they droopy,do they look like black spinach or what. The closest I ever got to freezing outdoors was like 40 degrees but it made for colorful buds. Yeah your gonna have to post a pick of your babies so we can give them a good gander.

8. I tried but my camera is fucked for some reason :\

they actually frosted over..
    and theyre really droopy.

I think it's a good thing that i trimmed them yesterday, or they would probably topple over.

Oh, and the dirt that they're in is still pretty cold, im guessing in the low 50's.
    should i give them warm water or will that shock them?

9. More than likely if they spent the night in 20ish temps they wont recover. The babys roots and foilage had to of froze. Keep em watered for a few days , you never know. They might make a miraculous recovery.

10. Your mother doesn't want you growing in her house, so don't.

11. Well,
    the thing is..
    she takes xanax..

so some days she's perfectly cool and others I get my plants thrown on the lawn.
    I really wish she would just try the herb.. :\

and also,
    it's in a shed/extra room separated from our house.
    but i guess it is still on her property.

12. The Xanax doesn't matter.

Being on her property does.

Seems like you got the point.

13. i donno dude.. i'd wait till i was 18 to grow, but that's just me.

14. I'm 19..
    I still live at home and attend community college.

15. eh.. shakey issue. theres always the part where you eventually get kicked out. been there done that. not for growing but yeah. its never fun.

honestly, do what I did. I sat down with my older roomie the other day and explained how smoking relaxes me and helps me with a LOT of things that I dont want to be all hopped up on meds for (slight depression, insomnia, frequent migraines)

He totally understood and actually asked to try some cheeba with me after I harvest! now its not a stealth grow anymore, and we have this cool new connection :)

16. i've done that with my mom and even had her watch the union, which she liked.
    Her mood just varies day by day.