telling your parents that you smoke cannabis

Discussion in 'General' started by skatealex2, Sep 23, 2009.

1. #1 skatealex2, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
    Does anybody else want to come out of the closet to their parents?

I think it would be a "holy shit experience" as my psychology professor would say..............

my parents as i'm sure many of yours have grown up in much different times, although many of you may have parents that enjoyed the 70's and the open mindedness of the era, but not my parents- they were raised very authoritarian and aren't on the level of free thinking that many people today are, especially in terms of this topic.

i'm going to wait until i am financially independent before i make the move though........ can't risk having my dad tell me stop what I'm doing , i would probably go insane. although i think i would be able to do a good job arguing and showing facts, he probably has many years of propaganda programmed in his head. if i told my dad that i did LSD he would probably start tripping :hippie: , not in a good way though.

most of my brothers and close cousins know the deal but not my parents, and i am not even sure if i would ever tell my mom cause she is kind of crazeee

Anybody have any interesting/revolutionary coming out of the closet family moments?

also in case it isn't clear- this is about marijuana, not being ghey- although i'm sure for ghey people that might be a little more dramatic than marijuana. if society hadn't been so propaganditiZed by the US government, marijuana and psychedelics would be normal/spiritual rituals just like anything else. you can find alcohol in churchs/synagogues on any given day but if you would bring up marijuana they would want to castrate you :mad:
    America is definetely not an enlightened society.

[​IMG]

2. LULZ i thot u was gay at first lol...gay ppl are ppl jus like straight so it dont matter...but bout the weed..idk mail them a letter lol

or just never tell ur parents...idk

3. [​IMG]

I thought you were gay haha

4. I thought you meant coming out of the gay closet.

5. Poorly worded thread titles FTW

Yeah, I told my parents I smoked back in the day. They weren't too happy at first (and I was sort of caught), but now it doesn't matter.

6. Yea this is hella misleading

7. And what's with the bud pics? I don't see the relevance. I know what weed looks like dude.

8. Until the final paragraph I thought this was about a homosexuality revelation.

Anyway, I recommend simply not telling them. I don't see why it would be necessary for them to know and it just seems like asking for trouble, if you know what I mean. It's like being on top of a skyscraper, you could jump off the ledge but that doesn't mean you should.

But it's up to you, if I was you I wouldn't but they're your own decisions and I hope my opinion has been of some help.

-Lonely Planet Boy

9. So is the OP gay?

10. I do believe so

11. E) Not enough information provided

12. no. I wanted to make this thread have a little twist, but i guess no one appreciates a good mystery anymore

the weed picture was supposed to be the moment of revelation :devious:

13. Lol just messin with you OP.

14. Your writing skills botched the topic :devious:

15. you have good points, but you don't think it would be worthwhile to tell my dad i smoke marijuana?

i feel like it would be a good holy shit honest family experience, but i guess there is the risk that he may feel like a failure as a parent- im pretty sure he buys into all the lazy stoner stereotypes .

i would not tell him while im having at home though. but i guess your skyscraper example has a good point to it also- i've thought about this question-

Would it be beneficial for all marijuana users to educate the older generation on the issue?

i imagine some people would be shocked when they learn some facts on marijuana.

for example: yesterday i was driving with my brother for 2 hours and most of the ride we were talking about marijuana (i was stoned as fuck and he used to smoke back in the day) and he was suprised when we got back and i showed him the government funded study that said "smoking marijuana has no connection to lung cancer" and even a counter effect.

imagine if i showed that to my dad.............. and even more important- the older generation is going to start having lots of medical issues naturally and i think marijuana can be very useful and maybe help prevent cancer- but opinions can vary strongly on this issue and its hard to reprogram someone from years and years of propaganda in Mainstream and Local Media.

16. Unless you know for a fact he would be a-ok with it, why snitch on yourself ?

17. I wouldnt know Im not gay. Lol, j/k man, but my parents and a lot of my family smoke, so I was all good from the start.
    But IMO I wouldnt tell em, listen to XVIPimp

18. true. guess there really isn't a point in telling them :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

19. You could do it for shits and grins and tell us the result.