Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Telling your friends you smoke pot.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cottontop, Feb 9, 2011.

1. So I started smoking not too long ago and it was sort of out of the blue, but my friends don't know. I was wondering how you guys would break it to them if you were me.

So first off, I'm not someone you would think was a smoker, and I definitely wouldn't call myself a pot head. I'm almost sort of a geek. My friends don't really ever talk about weed in a serious manner, they usually just joke around about the stoners, saying stuff like "yea man, lets go smoke and get fucked up!". It's not serious, just a little light hearted fun.

So I'm curious, would you guys straight up confront them, or would you let wait for the topic to come up. Or maybe even just tell them you're buying for the 1st time so it's not so awkward.

2. Its not like your coming out of the closet man. Just tell them you smoke weed, not really that big of a deal.

3. bro they are your friends not your parents. just light up a j while outside with them and ask them if they wanna hit :) LMFAOOOOOO. Or just tell them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ooooorrr dont. maybe you should find friends that smoke, rather then convincing your ACTUAL friends to smoke.

5. How did you even get started if your friends don't engage in it as well?

6. Hanging out with my cousins.

7. You won't know until you tell them, some people freak the fuck out, like one of my friends, but others won't care

8. Oh alright. Just tell them that your cousin got you high and that you liked it. Don't tell them that you do it a lot until they seem down with the idea.

9. Start up a conversation with, "Have you guys ever thought of trying marijuana ?"

10. It could be a big deal when all of your friends are straight edge.

11. [​IMG]

^ Its what your friends are doing before you get there

12. if they do get mad say something like "if you guys were my real friends you would accept it" or do what that guy said and ask them if they ever thought about it i know what you mean about some people flipping. one of my friends is totally against it:rolleyes: while most of them toke with me :devious:

13. Well if your a geek and in high school you probably shouldn't tell them. They will probably drop you as a friend. Unless you are really close. Or at the least start always stressing you about it. Asians at my school are like that. Always sweatin you its crazy. But if you know they wont freak out or anything then just tell them. Maybe bring it up in casual conversation.

14. I've actually been wondering that too. I mean, pretty much all my friends do it, and all the friends who don't do it are okay with me doing it. But if I met someone new, even if I thought they did it themselves, I'd feel kind of awkward just being like, oh hey I smoke by the way.

15. nah brah ive been involved with that kinda shit too, i had two main groups of friends, one smoked and one didnt (now both do :D ) but i had a hard time breaking it to them, but they were chill they just didnt wanna take part in it

16. Smoking weed isn't anything big man, straight up tell them and ask if anyone wants to sesh :smoking:

17. I have been wondering about this as well. I am in my mid 30's and most people I know think of pot as a college/high school thing.
    It is a big deal to some people...

18. ...I can't tell if this is a serious answer or not...

19. Just tell them. If they won't accept you fuck them, get some real friends.

20. Yea, because that makes perfect sense... :rolleyes: