telling sex of plants.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stbernard808, Jun 16, 2006.

1. how long into growing should it take b4 i start to see the buds? or the male plants. i dont want them to cross pollinate and the bud be really seedy.

2. I could see white hairs on my females at about a week. It took another week before I knew for sure that one of my plants was a male. General rule of thumb to sex plants with the naked eye is about 2 weeks into flowering.

3. [quote name='Toke"N"Chill']I could see white hairs on my females at about a week. It took another week before I knew for sure that one of my plants was a male. General rule of thumb to sex plants with the naked eye is about 2 weeks into flowering.[/quote]

If you know they are flowering then you know they are female.

4. yea i would say a good 2 weeks for sure
    usually i can do it in one week, but 2 to be safe

5. Hey Mr Fly, I am sure you know that I used the term "flowering" to describe that I began the 12/12 "flowering" schedule and that the plants were not actually showing "flowers" yet. Smoking must make you very literal.... ;)

6. Even the male pollen sacs are that sex's version of a "flower."

But to St. Bernard's question, the responses you are getting are how far into the flower cycle you will see sex, but your question is how far along into growing. There is no single answer to that -- the answer is that you can keep the plant in veg cycle as long as you want, the longer the better to develop more future bud sites, and then once you switch to flower cycle sex will show within the first two weeks.