Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

telling parents I smoke weed / have my medical card ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by mayasweed, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Hi everyone :) I've been smoking daily now for about 6 months. I am 18 and still live with my parents and I am a senior in high school. I live in Michigan, which is a legal medical marijuana state. I'm planning on getting my medical card as soon as possible. I am sick of hiding my daily usage of marijuana. I do everything possible to hide my usage from my parents. Smoking weed has became apart of my life and I want to be open with my parents. I am wondering how I should go about telling my parents I smoke ( planning on doing that once I receive my medical card). I have been caught smoking by them before and they were very angry, telling me how bad weed is for me, how I can't smoke it as long as I'm under their roof etc. any kind advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hide it until you move out. There's no reason to tell them. Just be stealthy while you smoke and then be more open about it once you move out. Obviously they're not okay with it and they're not going to change their ways. It's just a waste of energy as well as putting strain on your family by being in their face about it. Chances are if you get good grades, get a job and are focused and ambitious they won't ever bring it up again.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Please respect your parents while you live at home. I personally did not do this though I was growing up in the 60's and did all kinds of stuff and made my parents mad. I'd continue to smoke secretly, don't try to force this on your parents. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm 19 and go to work part time and have school part time. I also have a medical card. My mom does not like me smoking though she knows I'll do it whether or not she likes it. I have considered maybe asking if I can be more open about my usage and just go out in the backyard to smoke instead of having to hide it and be all stealthy and spray tons of febreze and shit. Currently I just smoke when I want/can and hope I don't get caught smoking. Telling your parents might are them angry and think that you are being aggressively defiant or something of the like. I'd say to just continue being stealthy until you move out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. just hide out back and smoke like everyone else lol.