Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Telling mom I smoke weed today.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by fernyp, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Hey blades,

First, some quick background info. My mom used to be cool with smoking weed, hell she did it with my brothers when I was younger. Then she decided to go all hypocritical and be a total anti-reefer. oh and also I have a job as a cook at a local fine dining restaurant.

Anyways, the other day she came up to me and said something like, "did you know 90% of cooks smoke weed?" (She probably exaggerated the number but trust me pretty much all chefs burn cause its super stressful). So I just played off being oblivious. But then I started thinking and realized that maybe Its about time I sit her down and tell her. So hopefully all goes well cause I'm gonna be telling her in 4 hours after work. Think its a good idea? I already know what exactly to say.

Oh and any other blades work in kitchens?

2. Honesty is always the best policy.

3. I wouldn't if she says she doesn't like it.

4. True say. She also kicked out my step bro for blaziny in the house every day. But I think it'll be different for me cause I'm her son and I don't do it in the house (well atleast I don't get caught)

5. See its weird with my mom. Like the first time I wanted to smoke weed when I was 16 I literally asked my mom if she would care and she told me to go ahead. Then once she smoked a joint with me and my brothers after my dads funeral. But like I said she's hypocritical cause one time she found a gram in my top drawer and flipped and gave me shit for a week.

6. I live by the golden rule "what you dont know cant hurt you"

7. I told my mom today well.. she knew i smoked. She has admitted to smoking too. But yesterday she tried giving me some shit so i finally sent her an email with some good links that will hopefully show her there is no dangers.

8. this is almost never a good idea. just keep it hidden till you are a little older, or just keep it hidden all together. your parents dont need to know every little thing about you, especially things that could make them worried and paranoid.

9. I work in a kitchen and if it wasn't for weed I'd probably be a raging alcoholic.

Everyone I work with smokes bar one guy and he's definitely a borderline alcoholic, comes in late all the time and shit.

If your holding down your job then theres no reason for you not to smoke, I just don't smoke before work because I fuck up the order of my cheques/tickets coming through:smoking:

10. This made me chuckle when I read the subject.

I never told my mum, she found out. Big deal for most, although my Mum was one of "those mums" who has always been overly protective of me and very much tried to instil in me her beliefs and ideals..... blah blah blah...

At first I thought she'd be pissed, like big style pissed with me, but actually she pretty much didn't care about it. She did ask why I smoke it, my answer was "I enjoy it and it helps me relax of an evening".

Fact is, most people drink, smoke, eat too much, or do something that isn't good for them. I think she would have felt majorly hypocritical if she'd of had a go at me.

Like someone else said, honesty is the best policy. If you hide things she'll only get suspicious and possibly think that you are doing something worse.

And for the record, I don't work in a kitchen.

11. Lol cooking can be stressful, god forbid you get a temp wrong.
    But if your living at home ? Don't/can't really say much. If you aren't who the fuck cares.

12. If she gives you shit give her granny's list. That should end an argument

13. I'd almost beleive it because typically cooks don't have to take drug tests, so yeah, but tell your mom at your own expense. Good luck.

14. I used to work in a kitchen and everyone there blazed too, food industry doesn't DT so its hard to find people who don't smoke. She might be hard on you because she doesn't want you to be influenced by her choices and want to start smoking cause she did as well. She probably just wants you to make your own decision and now that you have, will respect it. It's all good Holmes.

15. Tell us how it goes OP!

16. Good luck man.

17. Op got kicked out for sure...

18. I too have been there blade. Honestly it all depends on the parent, if there hell bent on a reefer madness trip its positive there going to keep the front. But not all of the time, theres that point in life when "not all parent's" see they cant change something your passionate about. If she says yes make sure you maintain her rules. GL&STAYHIGHH :wave:

19. Op got told he can come home baked as fuck as long as he doesn't smoke in the house! (Not her exact words lol) but still, success!

20. [quote name='"fernyp"']

Op got told he can come home baked as fuck as long as he doesn't smoke in the house! (Not her exact words lol) but still, success![/quote]

Haha just some inter web humor... Good for you man. Glad she was good with you smoking.