Telling Girlfriend About Smoking And Drinking.

Discussion in 'General' started by PostPunk420, May 19, 2008.

1. I just got a girlfriend. She is pretty conservative. I want to let her know that I'm abstaining from smoke and drink for her. Is this a good idea? Should I go out with her a bit more and then tell her? I think she already has an idea that I smoke, because my status on facebook on 4/20 was 420. One of my naive friends who was with her at that time asked her what it meant and she apparently told him.

2. If she already knows then what difference would it make to quit... Also on a side note, if your quitting something you love for her(and I'm guess this is early in the relationship) aren't you just not being yourself and pretending to be someone your not. I don't know, some people see giving up things they love for another as a sign of affection, but if that thing doesn't effect you in a negative way then it seems to me like your just conforming to her viewpoint for her attention/lovin.

Just an opinion tho

3. If you really like her then quit. Only the gentlemen thing to do. Good luck.

4. umm if you just started dating... and you really intend to quit/abstain... i'd tell her... or at least talk to her and see how she feels about you smoking and drinking... who knows, you may not have to at all.

otherwise, if you don't tell her... and things work out between you two... it could cause problems down the road. girls are much more understanding if you talk to them about something BEFORE it become a problem.

5. omg! a guy that actually KNOWS this and doesnt think its bullshit? OMFG!

but its true..if you tell her now...and that your planning on giving it up anyways but being with her makes you want to be even healthier *i kno you run and such* is best left in the open at the beginning...id just tell her about it...dont worry dude..and like you said, you think shes got an idea anyways...so she probably does
    but yeah, dont hide it or later on it could really bite you in the ass about you HIDING something from her for an extended time...and who knows....she mite even be a closet smoker..nvr kno guy!

6. Once you change for a woman your man card is removed.

7. truth right there

8. Weren't you the one who made the "jogging with girl" thread? Nice so you hooked up afterall haha, but why do you want to change yourself so quick? Didn't you make that thread a few days ago? Is it really that serious yet? Haha good luck either way man. It sounds like you're over analyzing shit with this girl, just go with the flow and don't get too whipped man lol.

9. This is a poor attitude to have. Not that you shouldn't shun compromise altogether, but fundamentally altering yourself to the tune of someone else's prejudice is only going to damage your sense of self as well as her sense of yourself

10. Been there done that man, dont compromise yourself. Especially not this early.

You'll end up a little whipped pussy, just like I was at one piont.

11. just be honest...you might not have to quit, she might just not like it when you are drunk or high around her..and if shes the type that is concered with your ambition and your drive for things, you might have to keep your grades up, or whatever to show her your not the ''stereotypical lazy stoner''

12. If you want her, quit. But don't sell yourself for a chick. There are millions of fish in the sea, but only one plant.

13. You just got her, and she doesn't know?

I guess my question is: Are you quitting for her or yourself?

14. You are aware that you may come to resent her because she will symbolize you quitting. I don't think that's a good idea. You wanna quit, you quit for yourself and you be SURE that is why you're quitting or the same thing will happen. Otherwise find someone who doesn't care if you smoke or drink.