Tell Oprah to talk about legalization!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by amsterdamage, Jun 6, 2009.

1. i believe that is referring to extortion and threats not talk about law breaking activities.

2. Ohh, you may be right on that one. Well continue on then :D

3. wow great idea. its worth a shot.

Oprah is so powerfull. if she knocked on my door and told me to kill my neighbor i would in a second. idk why, its just Oprah.

4. hmm.. we're not wanting her to condone breaking the law, we want her to end the senseless
    murder of 17 people a day by pressuring our politicians to reform the law.

That's completely legal so we're fine there. :)

5. I think sending medical evidence would also be a very good idea. We may hear every single news story about marijuana, but that's because we're looking for it. To be fair not enough people know the recent medical studies showing marijuana's benefits. If we found a list of sited sources from the Medical and academic community.... that would strengthen our case.... Hell man give her everything positive there is.... oprah controls middle america

6. I think if we focus on the medical value, how easy it is for teenagers to get, and the racial motivations behind why it was made illegal in the first place, then we could actually get somewhere. Some of that Anslinger guy's quotes are just disgusting, and I'm sure she would want to speak out about them.

7. we gotta get her to have montel on her show that dude loves smoking weed... and has come out about it on his show.... a fellow black talk show host nonetheless....

8. yea thats not a bad idea either

9. Anslinger was once quoted "Ginger-colored ******s" which is offensive in itself let alone coming from a so called politician

10. Oprah.com Community: World Health

Maybe try and garner some support here, I am to tired right now and am going to bed.

Remember who the audience here is, try to appeal to them, maybe lead in with ways this affects theirs sons and daughters and stuff then open their minds with the facts. About how it is easier for them to get illegal drugs than it is to get Cigs or alcohol, and what not.

Just a thought I dunno if Oprah reads her forum or what.

11. can I use this as my sig? lol:wave:

12. Looks like a great place to start. It could probably be more effective than writing her letters directly. Infecting Oprah's audience with the wealth of information regarding why our marijuana laws need to change could only help speed up the process. It doesn't matter whether Oprah reads it or not.

13. I think this is a great idea, as we know alot of people watch her show and an show about legalization would be great!

14. sorry guys but my mom watched an Oprah episode on a kid who became fucking meth addict and took it up the ass to get his shit.(no joke).

he was from a rich family but his rents divorced so HE STARTED ON SMOKING POT

it pissed me off so much when she told me...

more fucking gateway theory bullshit

in reality, his parents were divorced, he suffered mental distress and so he turned to drugs for comfort. Stupid dumbass was psychologically weak and turned to other drugs (maybe cannabis didn't "help" him enough)

so yeah... she had some dumb, sad piece of shit meth head on air not too long ago...
    (don't neg rep for bashing the kid I'm just pissed that he's ammo for the prohibitionists)

15. I bet he drank alcohol and smoked cigs first though. Funny how that stuff doesn't get mentioned.

..he probably drank water, ate food and suckled on his mommy too for that matter. In the end it has nothing to do with it.

16. yup. I could say I tried cigs first and then MJ

its all in kid's psychology and environment

17. Most of the people that don't have no idea what MG is are yelling out that when you smoke it can kill you, that you see pink elephants flying and all kind of bullshit. In my opinion they still live in the stone age. Cigarettes are legal, drinking is legal than why not MG i ask why the buck not ?? 0 deaths done by MG, how much by cigs and liquor ? a fucking lot. We have to bring the facts of marijuana too day light, and Oprah seems the right way to go. So lets get them people from Bedrock Yabadabaduu! Bless :smoking:

18. man. if they had the balls to air an episode on teens and sex and 12 year olds and vibrators

why wouldnt she talk about this.
    im pretty sure she can get the ball rolling.

its fricken oprah! lol

good idea all in all

19. Morning Glory?

good stuff... good band too...