Tell Me What's Wrong. Pics included

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ndz4shz, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Here we go GC, this is why I'm a member. Everything was going great until about 3 days ago my plants started getting very minor yellow spots which quickly developed into holes in some of the leaves. mostly on the new growth.
    It started one day when my humidity dropped from mid 30's to low 20's and the temp was in the mid 70's. I thought it might be the lights burning the leaves but I'm not so sure. I didn't have them too close at all. The little girls were a bit dry so I raised the lights and got humidity back up. I'm on foxfarm nutes at just over 1000ppm. I did just recently switch from 24hrs light to 20/4. My last water cycle starts right when the lights go off, which I know isn't great but I don't think its the cause. BTW im groing hydro not soil.
    Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. never had a pest problem, but it looks like sommins eatin ur ladies

3. i think i see white dots (spidermite eggs id presume) in the second and third pic

4. Get some ladybugs and let them roam
    ~spacejerk234

5. No, I swear there are no spider mites. I can't find eggs or mites anywhere. the spots start off yellow and turn into rips/holes. looks like some type of burn. check out the leaf in the second pic on the far right.

6. The thing about that is, I have lady bugs in my basement at all times. since before I started growing. they just live here. I tried getting rid of them in the past and had no luck. once i started growing i welcomed them.

7. So just to be safe I sprayed the plants with SaferSoap and I'm cleaning the room. Any other suggestions? I don't wanna lose these gals.

8. #8 jonnybgood, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
    they kinda look real green did u fert recently?

edit- i actually burnt one of my girls recently is why i ask and she is super dark green right now i flushed her with sum fresh water as soon as i saw it happening and it only got a few fan leaves

9. Monday I did a res change and fresh nutes. the nutes were up to about 1230ppm, which is within range for the FF schedule. but i topped off the res today and brought it down to 1180.

10. just took a microscope to the plants also, still doesn't look like spider mites. I'll continue with safer soap for a few days just to be safe. Anyone else??

11. Didn't splash any nutes by chance did you?
    ~spacejerk234

12. Okay, took a better look. Definitely spider mites. I thought I was keeping it really clean down there. I spotted eggs, but no mites. I'm using safer soap and letting the lady bugs in. any other suggestions? this is my first grow and i really wanna keep it healthy.

13. No splashing. Add at a distance from the plants

14. EH, It happens, Nothing to be alarmed about if it doesn't start spreading. Either you splashed a little nutrients on them by accident without knowing or you are probably being to rough with your plant.

Also noticed you are over feeding, I see your tips starting to yellow slightly