Tell me what you think of my ideas...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Swyft, Nov 2, 2004.

1. I've placed 3 large plastic containers under my bed each about 2 feet tall, 3 1/2 ft long and 18 inches wide.. My goal is to grow some outdoor monsters. I want to start off 18 or so (6 in each container) and veg them until they are too big for the containers. They will then be placed outside. I believe I'm going to use fluoro tubes but i can easily be persuaded to use CFL's. Also, When I move the plants outdoors I'd like to keep the best 2 and flower them indoors so I dont have to wait until sept/oct for a sample. When I flower these 2 I want to take the lights from all 3 boxes and rig them in 1 box. I live in New England, and was thinking about starting all of this in early-mid march. Odor isn't a big deal due to location, and I plan on making a home-made CO2 setup. A fan can also easily fit inside the bed. I plan on cutting out the sides of the 3 containers so 1 fan can blow through all 3 of them. If these idea's are pure ignorance please let me know. I've got a few months to get this going but these idea's are just flowing through my head.
    -Swyft

2. I have to start with saying that I don't have any experience with outdoor growing. One thing came to mind though. Would the daylight hours be a problem on your plants since toward the end of summer the daylight hours are shorter. This could also mean that the extended veg. time would create some huge giants. If you intend to harvest sooner by vegging them indoor first then you may want to check into that some more because as soon as you put them outdoors they wont go from phase to phase any quicker because of the sunlight.

3. Naw I'm not interested in harvesting early outdoors. I'm actually doing all this to achieve some monsters. Also, I intend to go to 5gal pots when i move them outdoors. Also strains I've looked at and intend to get are Purple Power fem. from SeedsDirect and Odin's Hammer/Blueberry Blast from Reeferman's.
    Info on these strains from anyone with insight would be much appreciated! :smoke:

4. can i ask how big a plant a monster is cus 5 gallon seems the right size for a indoor plant but small for a big outdoor plant.

5. March / April Sounds about right.
    I once grew MONSTERS outside on Long Island.

I started the babies indoors and after 2 weeks when they were about 4" tall I moved them outside.

When the frost came I cut them and hung upside down in DARK area.
    I considered using one as a Xmas tree, they grew to aboyt 8-9 foot tall and gave a very good yeild. BUT my indoor plants have always provided better quality although outside gave a much larger weight yeild and was very decent quality but markably less then indoor all females.

:hello: .

6. To answer the first question: I grew 6 footers in 3 gal pots. I'd say those are decent size, and a couple of feet taller than that I would consider monsters. I'd say 5gal pots for indoor plants is a bit extreme. But i don't know much and if you have the space mise well..

Mow2: What strain did you have success growing? Or was it just bagseed?

7. Unknown..

8. the reason i said i thought 5gallon pots was a bit small for outdoor was iv seen outdoor plants grown in 30gallon drums, if i do soil grows its normaly 9 plants in 3gallon buckets under a 400w, only small plants and they still get rootbound, thats uk gallons which are 4.5liters. if im right ur talkin in us gallons which are only about 3liters? i really think a 6ft plant wud b happer in a pot bigger than 15liters.