Tell me this doesn't blow your mind

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by marathon1, Jul 8, 2010.

1. #1 marathon1, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
    Tell me this doesn't just blow your mind? Taking from the Hubble Telescope. If I'm not misunderstood I believe they essentially aimed the scope into a black spot in space that would look no larger than a grain of sand from Earth and left it focused there for 11 days and this is what they got back. Makes you feel relatively insignificant, no?

[​IMG]

2. that looks awesome man, there just one thing i dont understand which is probably really stupid of me, why did they leave it there for 4 months just to take a picture?

3. Because they could.

4. This did blow my mind. Five years ago....

5. #5 marathon1, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
    I was mistaken, it turns out they only left it there for 11 days according to some youtube videos I have seen. Still the spot they pointed the telescope at is NO LARGER than a grain of sand from Earth and this is what showed up.

We are not alone ;). I just read that it would take 78 billion years at the speed of light to reach one end of the universe to the other at it's current size.

6. dude thats insane

7. It was a long exposure. When you're taking a picture of something that is THAT far away, you have to do a long exposure, or else a smudge would come out instead of the image.

Anyways, no matter how many times I look at this picture, it never gets old to me.

That picture is the smoking-gun that we are not alone and never was.

8. QFT :wave:

9. This picture makes me yearn.

10. And how some people will swear blind we are the only people in the universe amazes me.
    God created the heavens and earth, made man and woman from mans rib. It annoys me really.
    We are dedicating money to the wrong things. Stop the wars, explore space!

11. Two of the orange stars look absolutely identical. What the fuck?

12. Similar Galaxies made up of the same gases and elements I suppose. This basically solidifies the idea that we are not alone. No way in hell is the universe this big and we are the only living creatures.

13. I find it unnerving that we won't be able to meet them, simply because of the rate the galaxies are flying away from each other.

14. Studies done by hawking shows that if there is life in space, and if they're a mobile species, it is most likely they're a hostile species. This is why.

For a species that has adapted over say, a course of a few million years (give or take), and has technologically advanced enough to build large colony sized ships to hop from galaxy to another with a fleet of ships, taking resources..because the resources on their home planet ran out millions of years ago. So you think coming to earth, seeing how literally fucked everything is on Earth, with "Governments", "leaders", and wars, economies, and all shit.. you think they're going to be cooperative? I don't think so..

BUT,

There is also the other side..aka, the bright side..where the species is actually beyond the state of being hostile towards other life forms in the universe, would actually come to earth with open arms and alleviate the earth of Wars, Debt, Governments, so we can live amongst each other as Humans in peace. If you have seen the movie "Knowing" something in the effect of the end of the movie, how the deity looking figures come to earth to give a new beginning to a select few Humans..

15. There is lots of evidence that there was once life on mars(look into what the mars face may really be from). Hundred of thousands of years ago. And there is no way in hell we exist on earth accidentally. Everything wasn't just all perfect so we evolved here. Some other race had to have brought us here(I hate religion so I am not talking about some god that created everything). Watch the program ancient aliens. It is very interesting. Again, I hate and do not believe in religion, but there is lotsss of information about how "gods" in biblical times did actually exist, but they were what we would call aliens, not divine entities.

If anyone is open-minded about these kind of things, I strongly suggest you watch this if you'd like. David Wilcock is an verryy intelligent man that has lots of inspirational insight about life(he is so young too, if humans are still around in fifty years, jesus. I can not wait to hear how knowledgeable he will be then). And anti-conspirators, everything he says can be proved with science. keep that in mind.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scym0WH3Jww]YouTube - DAVID WILCOCK at the Project Camelot Awake and Aware Conference, Los Angeles, Sept 2009[/ame]

16. Dude, David Wilcock burned himself when he said that Obama was going to introduce a few Alien races to us on TV. He said around November of 2009. Then at the end of November he said, "The Powers that Be have a clamp on the Obama/ET plan. No later than the first quarter of 2010".
    Well, we're at the second HALF of 2010.

And whether his metaphysical stuff makes sense or not, it's still hard to take someone like that seriously...

17. This doesn't blow my mind

18. Seriously? Do you know what you're seeing?

19. What's wrong with people saying we are alone in the Universe. No other life has been discovered so therefor, we are alone. The colors in the picture do not look correct. I remain a skeptic. It's beautiful, but enhanced. Therefore questionable. It's clear the 3 orange stars are different.

20. Dude. It's only a matter of time...

And dost thou doubt Hubble???

Of course it's enhanced.

And just because we haven't found life out there doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Come on. All signs point to "yes".