Tell me about UFO's

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Sneaky Snake, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Tell me about UFO's.

Tell me what you think they are, where they come from. Are they intergalactic brothers from another mother? Secret government aircraft? Swamp gas? Hallucinations? Lay your best theories on me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. maybe were the only planet that can grow weed and they just want some dank :GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 2
  3. I really don't know what they could be because they are just that - unidentified. Modern UFO's could very well be advanced (and secret) military air craft of some sort, but that is just one possibility. But as we go further back in time, this possibility seems less likely because our technology couldn't allow us to create such fast and maneuverable vehicles.

I don't consider swamp gas or hallucinations much of a possibility, especially when UFO's are seen by multiple people who are not on drugs, not mentally ill and not in a swamp.

So really, I see two possibilities. UFO's are either amazingly advanced secret military air craft, or visitors from another world.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Whatever there is out there is either classified and super private or aliens who haven't done shit to us...

People who say they've been abducted all have things in common: they are all starved for attention and have super boring lives...that, or mental health issues which include delusions and/or hallucinations.

Edit: Also, why would super advanced, intelligent alien beings come here? Travel however many light years to this planet to, what... scare us?

• Like Like x 1
  5. And also, assuming they went to all the trouble to travel here, why wouldn't they announce their presence? If they are so far more technologically advanced than us, we would surely pose no threat to them anyway, so there would seem no need for all the secrecy. Secrecy seems like a far more human trait than an alien one.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Unidentified flying objects :)
    Hehehehe jks jks

They can be both government aircraft's from either stolen or traded technology and others are general ET spaceships mostly observing our level of consciousness to see whether or not we are ready for First Contact or just general observation for ideas and learning the ways of life to possibly aid in their own planets evolution and advancements.

• Like Like x 3
  7. NOTE: These are Devil's Advocate questions for the sake of conversation:

What if it's that they just think we're not worth making contact over? People here on Earth will travel halfway around the world to go to an extreme environment like the jungle, tundra, or deep ocean just to study or look for a life form or plant. They don't generally get off the plane and say, "Hey little spiders, I'm here to study you! Come over and say hi!!" They just go to where the little spiders are they want to study and study them, without any thought to the spider. This could be a similar situation, but we're the spiders.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I think, based on the vast nothingness that is known of space, that there is a very slim chance that other life is out there. And in my personal opinion, while interesting to think about, space is irrelevant to most of what happens in everyone's day-to-day life.

Edit: You think aliens are creepy? Pshh, be scared of what the government is doing behind all of our backs. Be scared of ISIS. Be scared of thieves, murderers...shit that actually is proven to exist.

9. I think exactly the opposite. The universe is so amazingly huge that it would seem unlikely for other life not to be out there somewhere. There was a scientist who tried to calculate the odds of alien life mathematically and it was called the Drake equation. Whether his methods are to be trusted or not, he found it quite likely there would be life out there.

Actually finding it is another thing truly though.

• Like Like x 3
  10. They could also be brothers from the same mother, a breakaway civilization.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I was wondering if someone would bring that up. Where did the breakaway civilization come from? Do they have other superior technology?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Presumably earth unless we came from somewhere else as well.

Idk about the technology

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sure, Earth. But who did they break away from and when? And why? I think there may have been several break away civilizations over the last couple of centuries I think Jonestown is an example of one that went wrong from the start. But I think there are a few that maybe have gone unnoticed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I am not that knowledgeable in this, its interesting for sure but more speculative than I prefer.

If i am not mistaken this was coined by Richard Dolan and expounded upon by Joseph Farrell.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I believe UFOs are exactly that, unidentified flying objects. I do believe they are real, but that's not to say I believe in the alien hypothesis as an explanation.

My reasoning for believing they are a real phenomena comes from a personal experience when I was 18 and witnessed what can only be described as a largish (no less than 6 ft diameter) orb of light/plasma coming in from the visible horizon to the shoreline very close to the surface of the ocean in Newport beach CA. It almost came up onto the sand. I was with a friend when we saw this, and we panicked and ran to the street (pacific coast highway really) beyond the few houses that were right on the beach. We returned to the beach maybe a minute later and nothing was there.

Prior to this experience I was absolutely a believer in UFOs as ETVs (extraterrestrial vehicles). But what I saw did not conform to that line of thinking at all. If anything this seemed to be more of a natural phenomena. Perhaps ball lightening? Maybe something very different, a large plasma discharge? I don't know for sure. But this lead me to thinking that this sighting fit what many other people have described, and while certainly not an explanation for all sightings, it could be similar or the same to some. So this idea of UFOs as solid alien craft, something similar to what we launch into space albeit more advanced, seemed like a huge assumption in at least some cases.

So to sum things up. I do believe in unidentified flying objects, but not necessarily as alien craft. And I believe the term potentially encompasses many different phenomena all lumped together, from the natural and unexplained to perhaps something more exotic. I don't want to entirely rule out the extraterrestrial hypothesis, but I think people tend to jump to conclusions due to movies, TV, internet shaping their thinking a certain way. At least a portion of these sightings, if genuine, are something different than that.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dolan gets credit for coining the term, I believe, but the concept isn't anything new. A few of Jules Verne's books are about breakaway civilizations/societies, and when John Smith led the Mormons to Utah they were creating one. Hell, much of the new world was based on creating breakaway civilizations now that I think about it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. This is a very good point, and one a lot of people overlook. A UFO is just that, an unidentified object in the sky. Being unidentified it could be anything. Somewhere along the line it's come to mean specifically an alien spacecraft. I also don't buy the alien spacecraft theory, and actually naming something as an alien spacecraft would identify it, thus removing it from the realm of UFOs.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Couldn't help myself. Your post made me think of the opening to Battlestar Galactica from the 70's. Which of course is a riff on a popular book from the time by Erich von Danikin, "Chariots of the Gods."

• Like Like x 3
  19. Yea i think the American experiment was a vision of a breakaway civilization, via freedom, the unleashing of human potential and science.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I agree, its good to disconnect alien/et from UFO.

When i hear UFO i take it to mean a craft with capabilities that is not typical of our technology (that the public is aware). I dont necessarily exclude ET as a possibility either

• Like Like x 3