Tell all No-till

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MajorToker, Mar 9, 2017.

1. #1 MajorToker, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Wanted to start a thread to talk about soil compositions of fellow no tillers. Please share any and all advice.

Remember everyone has their methods or some are still trying to get a grasp on this stuff including myself so no trolling please.

Throw around any ideas!

Humus and why it is vital
    Just watched a tubecast on the importance of a humus layer under the mulch bed. Very interesting. This is where a majority of your bacterial/fungal activity takes place. Even the worms love it. Im slowly mixing worm castings with the mulch on top to help break that down. The humus is the ticket to a free ride.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Humus is organic matter that has been reduced back to carbon if anyone was wondering

• Like Like x 1
  3. already two threads about no-till, all the info is there.
    No-Till Gardening
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

first one is locked but the revisited thread is still up and running and very active.
    i think its just better to keep all the info in one place for ease of access.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I understand. Def makes sense. May become too scattered.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I got a lot of good info on the soil food web from that youtube cast and got inspired.

Have you seen his videos. I love his way of thinking. Gardeining in the.most economically friendly way possible with almost no inputs. Stripped to the bare essentials.

6. My new MO is dont look at the plants. Look at the dirt. Lol. The dirt will look after the plants

• Like Like x 1
  7. I guess i have lots of reading. Do they cover bare essentials only? Im talking extremely stripped down. Water inputs only. Soil food web? The dirt poor farmer...

8. i dont think there is a subject that hasnt been touched on between those two threads.

• Like Like x 1