Teleportation

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by KoopaKing, Jun 11, 2010.

1. If teleportation ever exists. I wish:rolleyes:

You have one teleporter on the equator and one on the very 'top' of the world. You enter through the equator would you come out horizontally through one on top of the world?

What about vice-versa?

2. lol i never thought about that

it would be funny as hell though

3. I think vice versa would also end up you being horizontal.

Now if you go in horizontal would you come out vertical?

I need a fucking teleporter, actually make that 2.

4. I learned in my one psych class and saw on tv that teleportation is technically possible, but practically impossible. It would involve dowloading all the information about a human into a computer and beaming the info somewhere else. It's impractical because of how much data a human being is and because of how much energy would be required do. Obviously we also aren't this advanced yet either...but yeahh..

5. If you went from the south pole to the north pole it would land you on your head!

6. No, you would simply sit there whilst your player flies through the portals really quick, because your high it spins you out and makes your eyes hurt.

7. If a teleporter existed, I'm sure the inventor would take gravity into account and the shape of the world, or the solar system for that matter. All this information would be preprogrammed into the teleporters computers.

8. I love thinking of ways future technology will make it easier to do pretty much everything stoned lol. But about the teleporter, I have thought about this many a time have come up with the problem of atmospheric pressue on the very 'top' of the world. You enter through the equator would you come out horizontally through one on top of the world re (i think that's the right type). Say for example you are in nice, sunny, and hot florida and you're like "Yo mangos let's go hit up the teleport booth and hit up my bro Mao Zebong in everest for some legit chinese!" and you go to the teleporter and teleport to mt. everest. Would the sudden change of pressure make your veins pop? Akin to the bends when rapidly rising to the surface of water after being very deep

9. What if you were EXTREMELY high on your couch and without knowing it, you teleport onto a bench in china :eek:.

10. lol wtf that would suck
    especially because sometimes when i'm high i think people are speaking a different language sometimes

11. Haha this happens to me too when I completely space out when people are talking. I`ll slowly start listening and as I tune in, it`ll sound more and more like English. If you think people are speaking a different language in your native tongue, then if you were high Chinese would sound like a language from outerspace to you xD

12. I imagine that it would just depend on the orientation of the "receiving" end of the teleporter.

For example, in Star Trek the teleporter is something you stand on so regardless of gravity your feet would be touching the teleporter. If you put the teleporter sideways you will end up sideways. If you put the teleporter upside down that's how you will come out.