teleportation

Discussion in 'General' started by steve5006, May 15, 2009.

1. Alright blades

I want have a teleportation system. It's partly cause I'm tired of the bus and can't afford a car. So let us discuss the design of such a device if we were to make it.

2. Sell weed with it.

3. What is a "blade"?

4. A blade of grass, Grass City.

We are blades of grass in this city.

5. a)blades are grasscity members. like a blade of grass. get it? noob. jk.
    b)better watch out when teleporting. if you don't do it right u could scramble whatever ur teleporting. just watched the first star trek movie today, and the teleporters werent working right. omg. those screams were horrific. but yeah it would be awesome.

6. Obviously it'd have to fit in one's pocket for convenience and portability.

7. hmm yes scrambling could be a pitfall in making such a thing. Portability may not be strictly necessary but more convenient. Depending on the energy source this invention could be a major boon for the environment

8. It would be an implant in our brain so we would think of a place and zoom right there. Then we would make a forest of weed that only we know about and that can be our 'Neverland'

9. I want a teleportation machine. seriously. right now. :mad:

10. Maybe if you can design a growth ray then you can just cop the schematics for the tv teleporter thing off willy wonka.

11. beam me up scotty!

12. 1. Balls -> Job -> Car!!

13. Teleportation? Yeah, that's going to end as well as everything else mankind has gotten its grubby mitts on. I wonder what would happen to human beings when not moving to travel becomes a convenience? Right now our bodies are designed to negotiate our terrestrial environment, we have bones, muscles, and sinew all for the purpose of physical locomotion. If the human body no longer has to work as hard--Americans don't have teleporters and look at how obese they are already--to get around it would atrophied.

I imagine it would be hailed as one of man's greatest discoveries--sorta like splitting the atom--but like with most things after man says "eureka" there are dire consequences, there always are. And the fact that we seem to learn poorly from them should either tell us we might be heading down the wrong path, or maybe we're on the right path moving too quickly.

All a teleporter would do would be instintaneous move one flabby ass human being through space from one location to another. Like I said, it would be a good way for people to get exercise. :(

"All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness."

~Mark Kennedy~

14. Yeah, but by that time, I'm positive we would have figured a way to get exercise in without moving a single muscle.

15. it already exists. they have already successfully teleported a water molecule across a room. this is a good first step in the right direction.

16. #16 AK Infinity, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009

Dude, that's completely weird. Why would we want to exercise without moving? This is what I'm talking about; people are stripping away man's natural attributes as we continue to defer more and more to technology.

Let's say sometime in the future man was absurd enough to develop a way of exercising without moving; I'm wondering what kind of people they will really be at their core?

17. Yeah I don't think so either.

18. #18 Azureblue, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    http://search.cnn.com/arProcessing.jsp?sType=news&docID=/www/xml/cnn/2007/10/10/TECH_science_human.teleportation.xml&dest=http://cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/10/10/human.teleportation/index.html?iref=newssearch&qry=teleportation

19. Bad idea... In our society crime would sky rocket with such a device. Everything from Bank robbery to teleportation-bye(something like a drive-bye:D) I don't think we need it yet.....:smoking:

20. id like to teleport to a '' LAOS'' jungle,, and pick some dank ass asian weed<-------:cool: