Telepathy & Spirituality

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Kamasutra, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Te·lep·a·thy

[tuh-lep-uh-thee]

noun

communication between minds by some means other than sensory perception.

For many people, telepathy is nothing more than something that is restricted to sci-fi films dealing with extraterrestrial beings and other related phenomena. But the fact that telepathy exists has never been realer and more apparent to me. Not only do I believe that telepathy, in a certain sense, is real, but I also know that there is an indisputable spiritual connection that we all share.

[​IMG]

I'm sure there have been times when you were thinking about someone whom you haven't seen for months, and then they randomly contact you. Or that there have been times when you picked up your phone to call someone when you suddenly feel your phone vibrating in your hands with their number coming up. These instances happen so often, and are so real, yet we cast them off and being nothing more than a coincidence. Well, I don't believe in coincidences.

I've had many of these spiritually connected experiences throughout my life, and I wanted to share some of them in the video below. Let me know your thoughts on telepathy, a spiritual connection that we share, or even if you think that this is all bullshit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czHgvdJ49cc]Distant Experience - YouTube[/ame]

2. I think it's true I have a friend who I talk to telepathically it's difficult sometimes to understand but it's the truth in life

3. Personally, I'll be convinced where I see replicable empirical evidence.

4. for a while I was getting into meditation and seeing peoples auras and stuff and maybe just a lil bit of occult stuff,, and the most random shit would happen. I was actually focusing on my friend in a diffrent state that I had seen a few days earlier at 4 in the morning once and she called me. It was rediculous

5. #5 TesseLated, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    I have experienced such on an extended basis. There are 'rules'...that's all I can say on the board about it though.

*lol..I should clarify the point has to do with with levels of consciousness one to another...if your purpose is to 'intrude' into another's consciousness, it will not be effective.

6. I am a 100% believer in telepathic communication, based on personal experience. I think a lot of it has to do with your emotional and spiritual connection to the individual you want to communicate with. Aside from the usual thinking about someone and having them text message you, or knowing exactly what another person was going to say and things like that, I have had one experience that on paper doesn't sound very phenomenal, but experientially, I have never had anything more real happen telepathically.

I was conversing with my best friend and smoking a blunt, and we were talking about how fucked up the public education system is in america. We must have talked for about 35 minutes and really started getting into each others ideas, to the point where we could just about finish each others sentences. We started walking back to my car which was parked out front of his house and we were finishing up our conversation, and the whole walk back I was thinking about asking my friend if he would go to the store with me real quick and buy me a cigar (I was underaged at the time.)

Well, we get back to my car and I sit on the hood and he sits on his step and we're just sitting there talking about society and American culture, and I said "yo my bad for interrupting but I got a question for you."

he responds with "tryina go get a black?"
    The fact that he responded to me with the exact question I wanted to ask him sent this feeling throughout my entire body, as if we had synched up on some level mentally beyond all material existence. It literally left me shook for hours.

7. I've heard a lot about seeing auras after deep meditation, and I believe that I have done it myself. Shit's amazing.

I feel you man, a lot of the "telepathic" or "spiritually connected" things that I've experienced have left me completely dumbfounded.

8. #8 LittleJacob, Aug 19, 2011
    I have had very strange experiences like this as well. One night, I just decided to purposely focus/concentration on my best friend. This is after a long meditation meditation, at 3:30am. I had no idea what he was doing or anything, I was kind of doing an experiment with consciousness. I honestly wasn't expecting anything, I just said yo, if there is something to all of this telepathy stuff, let me give it a shot. And I just kind of concentrated really hard on an image of him in mind.

At 3:40am he calls me, tells me that he is right down the road from me with a buddy of ours, and that he has acid, and asks if I want to do it with him.

Now that shit just FREAKED me the hell out. I purposely just concentrated on him, and then he literally calls at the most random hour of the night at the most random day, it wasn't even a weekend, to do acid. That really confirmed something for me. I've had a bunch of those experiences. It's hard to say what it is. It COULD be coincidence, but I also choose not to chalk it up to just that. I do believe in some of the siddhis and powers that are possible for advanced yogis to attain through cultivation, though I don't see any practical point in a normal person doing that. But I'm pretty sure that all of this stuff is real, in some way.. I could be wrong, but I like to at least keep shit interesting and not think I know everything. After all, we know now that reality is not solid, and that we affect the environment around us with our thoughts and our feelings.

That night with acid turned out to be one hell of an adventure, sleep deprivation + acid is some shit lol. The whole thing was some crazy shit though, I hear you. It's happened many other times, but that was the only time where it was conscious. Could have been crazy coincidence, but I find that harder to believe than some sort of connection between us humans and esp. friends/family. My spiritual uncle talks a lot about the energetic connection between family members too. I think there's a lot to be said for this stuff that most of us are completely unaware of, or just straight up choose not to believe in.

9. #9 Echoes of Floyd, Aug 19, 2011
    Telepathy happens everyday. Everyday in your life & my own.

Many times the things you say are original ideas floating around in the minds of people nearby. And alot of your emotions and actions are triggered by others near you.

Telepathy happens all the time, but just in small reminders that the everyday human overlooks in a heartbeat.

Everytime you say...."HEYY!!! I was just going to say that!!" Maybe not coincidence after all.

Next time your with a group of your friends, just your best friend is the best however. Go about your day as normal. But everytime yourself, gets an odd idea...picture...symbol...or words, that pop up in your mind. That's just random, and something you weren't originally focused on. Ask your friend, or group of friends, if any of them were just thinking of "that bird", "that camping trip", "that video game".....what every that thought in your head was. Surprisingly on many of the accounts your friends will weirdly admit they were thinking of that. Normally people dismiss these weird thoughts as "hahah why the fuck was I just thinking that......" Everything is connected

Meditation is one of the doorways to progress in your telepathy abilities.

10. Yes for sure, telepathy happens all the time.
    Definitely have it with my siblings, we are all very close spiritually and all feel a knowing about/for/of each other. Sometimes it feels like I can literally read their minds, thought for thought, and communicate with them in such a way.

Also, this will sound a bit strange, but when I'm high I actually feel a but telepathic with everyone. Not the same kind of communication, but I can read into their thoughts a bit. More than that though its an emotional thing.. I mean, I can fully interpret and understand the details of the emotional state (and sometimes future state) when they haven't said a word.
    I have tried to speak to my friends about this, but they don't believe me..

11. i've experienced all of this, but attribute it to psychology and/or genetics. :smoke:

12. Yeah I get that.. I doubt genetics has much to do with the spiritual connection with my siblings though, I think that's more a combination of an extremely close relationship plus some significant shared spiritual experiences.

13. I feel the same way in regards to what you said about being telepathic with everyone. For me, it's never about hearing a thought, but more about feeling it, or feeling a feeling. I feel as though I can do that with some extent with everyone, and it's amazing. It's also heightened when I perceive everyone to just be a part of the same "whole" or whatever you want to call it, and therefore viewing "others" as "myself." You feel me?

Exactly, y friend

14. Wasn't there a study showing people know when they are being stared at?

I'm sure if someone would actually take the time to do some studies and experiments than we would fond that evidence.

15. Talking through minds!? Why on Earth were we given vocal chords - damn God, always so confusing.

16. It's all about the vibrations... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc]Beach Boys - Good Vibrations - YouTube[/ame]

17. What if we evolve to only communicate telepathically and we lose our vocal chords?

18. #19 Dryice, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011
    Then so be it, but the problem is we know vocal chords exists. I, and many others, including a guy who will pay you a million dollars (Randi) would love to see anyone present the ability of telepathy.

19. #20 BellaBrownBear, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes I definitely understand what you mean! Its not always necessary a thought or a feeling even, feels a bit more like a knowing sometimes. I'm so on your wavelength my friend! Haha that's what I do all the time now; perceive all as the same whole. When you view others as just an extent of yourself it is not only much easy to relate to and understand them, but it feels like you are opening a whole new heightened form of telepathy or non verbal communication or whatever you wanna call it.

I wouldn't doubt that. I think it is a very likely possibility for the later future.