Teens smoking marijuana? Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by jetthehawk21, Jan 4, 2018.

1. I honestly don't see an issue with it. kids develop mental disorders that adults get some more severe than others. Kids often have a harder time controlling depression, ptsd, anxiety, bipolar, and other mental issues that affect the way you think or behave. It's proven that marijuana helps this but many people believe you should still be 18 to smoke marijuana. I think you should be at least a teen unless severely needed under the age. Not only are mental disorders a reason teens should be allowed but cancer or severe pain after an accident can be helped as marijuana relieves pain to some extent. I realize lots of kids have to grow up and mature still but imagine how much happier our teens growing up will feel after smoking marijuana. There is even less dangerous ways of ingesting marijuana. There are also edibles which won't damage your lungs or heart from smoke. Kids are smoking cigarettes every day and in some countrys it's legal to smoke cigarettes. Why is marijuana hated when it's also proven marijuana hasn't killed anyone but cigarettes kill a person everyday. Sorry I could keep going on about many different things. I'm open to listen to or read other opinions. Thanks for reading.

2. I have been smoking since I was 13 so no I don't see a problem with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well, since I'm a mother I don't want my children to smoke weed when they are teenagers.

4. Of course it's bad for the teenagers.

5. Let them smoke. If they’re smoking and having fun, they aren’t shooting heroin and robbing people.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I guess everyone values the mind more than the body that’s why cigarettes are legal and I myself am a teen and find myself dependent on the drug or plant

7. In my opinion its bad teennagers brains are not fully developed, i too started in my early teens and my memory is definately not what it probably would have been had i waitied to smoke later in life so here i am 28 and cant even remember what i ate for dinner last night

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Short term memory loss. Happens everyday
    I’m 67
    Started at 16
    My Long term memory is sharp as a tack[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

9. If they're able to do it and not drop grades, social habits or activities then go for it. Otherwise, become an adult first. The majority of teens do not do this so case closed. No, teens should not get high. They should get an education and focus on their life until at which point it beats them down and they need an outlet. It's definitely not in the teen years.

10. In my country you're allowed to drink beer at the age of 14 if your parents agree. 16 if they don't.
    Weed can't be worse than beer.

11. never heard of that lol. ive heard of countries that allow drinking at 18, but 14 or 16? sounds like some crazy shit.

12. There is no "one size fits all" answer. I have known successful people who started using cannabis in their teens, and I have known others who started early and ended up as "far less than successful". And I have a friend who has a severely epileptic, preteen child who absolutely needs to use cannabis several times per day.

Here's the problem, when you are a teen, your brain does a major "rewiring job". Your whole way of thinking changes. Physical changes also happen- new neurons are made and other neurons get destroyed. And the endocannabinoid system is right in the middle of all these changes.

The worry is that if you get a dose of the "wrong" cannabinoid at the wrong time, it MAY affect the "rewiring" of a teen's brain. This, in turn, MAY lead to mental problems and possible loss of IQ. Also, since a teen's personality is not fully formed, there are worries that "amotivational syndrome" could set in. (In adults "amotivational syndrome" has been shown to be a myth, but teens are not adults. More studies need to be done on this.)

Timing of the use, dosage and frequency of use, age of the individual, the person's genetics, even their diet (heck, even their mother's diet while she was pregnant), can all play into the effects of cannabis on the adolescent brain and personality.

Most studies are suggesting 16 years of age as the earliest someone should use cannabis, unless there is a valid medical reason. A few even say the mid-20s are the earliest a person should use, since that "re-wiring" continues until then (but at a diminishing rate as compared to during your teens). To put it simply, nobody wants to put kids' brains at risk.

If you are in your teens and using cannabis, it should be limited to being an occasional treat. Your grades can be a good indicator if you are using too heavily. If they start slipping, it's time to cut back. (FYI- I didn't smoke my first joint until I was 19 and in college.)

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  13. It is some crazy shit. Even better is that few vendors ask for an id. I bought my first vodka at 15

14. #14 Auto-Bud-Man, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2019
    I'm talking about the structure of your argument, not the merits of the elements involved. It has nothing to do with your one-data-point or whether I or anyone else is a hypocrite.

15. It was just a short and to the point response that makes a ton of sense. Not sure where the argument is here. If you’re against teen use, why, and how would you handle the situation I described?

16. I guess if you ignore your actual argument it makes sense but that's not sound reasoning. That's all.

If I had a teen and that teen was or wanted to smoke pot (and I do) I wouldn't let them. It has nothing to do with being a hypocrite or whatever...I think it's bad for developing brains as the other poster said.

I can eat sugar and not go into diabetic shock, my wife cannot, she's different than me...she's diabetic. One size doesn't fit all...what's ok for adult brains isn't ok for teen brains (or baby brains or other developing brains)

I made the point I wanted to make, you didn't get it...let's move on. It's really not that big of a deal...this is a bunch of tokers shooting the bull.

• Like Like x 1
  17. It's not uncommon in some European countries. Beer and wine with 16, the hard stuff with 18. Cigarettes are still 18 though.

When I first moved here I worked as a forklift operator in a factory. we had a cold drink machine in the break room.
    The machine also had beer in it!

Beer is almost considered food where I live and huge part of the culture.

Unfortunately it made me an alcoholic but I've been "dry" since 2006

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  18. I let both my kids use when they were in highschool just a few rules to follow.
    1. It never leaves the house.
    2. You tell no one.
    3. Grades get below a C ur cut off.
    4. No smoking till chores and homework is done.
    5. No sharing with friends.
    6. YOU TELL NO ONE.

My oldest quit her JR year but didn’t graduate high school dropped out got her GED went to to college is a nurse now.
    My youngest rarely used even though she had a stockpile of weed. Graduated and is now in college working toward a business degree.
    I honestly think if ur kids have self control and respect you ya can get away with it otherwise ur just askin for trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I wish I hadn't started so young. Maybe things would be different for me today. I started at 16. My kids hate it.

My son is an electrician foreman. He will be 35 in 10 days. my daughter is 37 and is a nurse practitioner. They have never even tried it. They hate having a pot head mother.