Teen Suicide for Marijuana Seeds.

Discussion in 'General' started by flower_child, Sep 28, 2006.

1. I was going to tell you what happened, but let me just copy and paste the conversation.

Show Recent Messages (F3)

robert Hughes: dude have you heard what happened
    Dawson: someone named chance being dead?
    robert Hughes: yea
    robert Hughes: howd u know?
    Dawson: that's all I know. I don't know any details, but I keep getting mass messages about his prayer/memorial service
    robert Hughes: hold on
    robert Hughes: yea i dont know if u knew him or not
    robert Hughes: but he got busted this morning with seeds in his car and
    Dawson: I don't recognize the name
    robert Hughes: ahh my comp is messing up
    robert Hughes has signed back in. (9/28/2006 5:48 PM)

robert Hughes: ok lemme tell u the story
    Dawson: alrighty
    robert Hughes: i went to use the restroom 3rd pd. and i saw the security guards taking chance out of his class to his his car and i was all daaammmnnn that sux.....then after lunch i found out that he fucking blew his brains out right after i saw him
    Dawson: what the fuck?
    Dawson: at school?
    robert Hughes: no
    robert Hughes: he left skool and killed himself at lunch
    robert Hughes: he took all these pills
    Dawson: because they found seeds in his car?
    robert Hughes: yep
    robert Hughes: thats america for ya
    Dawson: he couldn't handle being busted or what?
    Dawson: i mean...that's just not a reason to kill yourself
    robert Hughes: well he was a star football player real popular fellow
    robert Hughes: he couldnt handle the fact he was gonna lose his football career get into trouble at skool and home
    robert Hughes: he just couldt take it
    Dawson: wow....
    Dawson: i don't think i knew him...i don't know the name. is he someone i should have?
    robert Hughes: idk he would go to kennys sisters partys alot
    robert Hughes: he was a good friend of mine
    robert Hughes: ive know him since i was little and shit
    Dawson: damn dude, I'm really sorry
    robert Hughes: its cool

Because he couldn't handle losing his career over some little seeds, he ended his life. I don't condone his decision (at all), but if marijuana wasn't the "devil weed" everyone thinks it is and makes it out to be, his career wouldn't have been at stake and he wouldn't have made the decision he made.

*edit* I've also been told he went home during lunch, which is off campus for that school, and told his mom what happened. She kicked him out, and that was another factor that lead to he decision only minutes later.

2. ....so this actually happened? :eek:

such a horrible circumstance.....i am speechless at the moment

3. wtf?????

I thinking this is a little odd

4. if this really happened,thats fucking horrible.

That is no reason to kill yourself, thats sad.

5. Yes, it really happened. I've gotten about 50 mass messages about his memorial service. He knew that he'd be dehumanized over it. He knew he would lost his football career; the one he'd spent over three years building (he was a senior) and he had already lost his family.

He couldn't handle it.

6. That sucks :-(
    Its a sad situation, but hopefully something good will come out of it and that way at least something positive will come from his death... maybe if this becomes a big enough story in whatever region this happened, or maybe even national news, people will see that the really bad results of being caught with something as harmless as a few seeds from a plant that grows naturally on this earth and doesnt harm anyone can literally ruin a persons life..... ya know?

7. That's why I'm making sure you guys read it. I'm hoping the word might spread a bit.

8. assuming there will be some sort of article in at least your local newspapers or news stations, put up links and i'll definatly spread the word.... I dunno how you'd have to go about it, but it might be worth trying to get it to the bigger news stations and shit as well.... Shit like this is unfortunate, but i'm sure the kid who's no longer alive because of bullshit marijuana laws would be happy if his story somehow was able to change these bullshit laws, ya know?

9. ^^^^^^

10. I would probably do it too, because it's just an overwhelming fate to face. Sad about the guy, however.

11. Wow. That's just one more thing to madden me about the stigma weed smokers have. I always tell everyone how pissed I would be if I got busted, especially if they came to my own home and arrested me, like they did to my cousin. I'm not hurting anyone by smoking weed in ANY situation but especially when I'm in the privacy and supposed comfort of my own house. And what, this kid probably went out with some buddies and smoked a J, while his parents were at home suckin' back wine for their "nightcap" (which is totally FINE), and they got him for SEEDS?! And he felt so much pressure from everyone around him, that he shot himself in the head?! It's an outrage.

12. i wouldnt be worried about seeds unless i am in Las Vegas... cuz in Vegas, i heard, for every seed u have it is a felony

13. Man, that tottaly sucks, just goes to show that the laws agaisnt a plant are bullshit, 14 years for growing...

Busted for having SEEDS. Think about that...

A twisted society we live in.

14. The news story just aired on TV in Texas. My friend says that they didn't say anything about the seeds. Everyone at the school knows that's the entire basis of his suicide though. I can't imagine why they'd even bother airing the story without metioning why he did it.

I'm waiting for the story to come up on the station's website to post it.

15. what station is it? around here the stories are usually on therwebsite pretty much once they air

16. http://kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5473483

Another friend of mine has been telling me that he swears he can remember me smoking with the teen who commited suicide along with some other friends of ours at least once.
    I don't remember it specifically, but I know that I've randomly smoked with way more people than I could keep track of, so I wouldn't doubt it. It just makes it more personal.

17. Yea I mean people don't commit suicide because of deep emotional problems....

Enlighten me- how did they find seeds? How many seeds are we talking here?

18. I'm not sure of the exact number, but not two weeks ago another friend got busted with 5 seeds in his car. He's in alternative now and almost wasn't going to get to graduate. He's one of the best students in that school.

Football was this kid's life. In the few short hours between his 3rd period and lunch, he'd already been kicked off the football team, which was his life, his legacy, everything he'd worked for. He went home maybe hoping for some consolation, but instead was kicked out of his own home. He lost everything before the day had even gotten started.

I never said people don't commit suicide because of deep emotional problems, but that just wasn't his case.

19. thats all I can say is damn thats fucked up.