Teen Pot Smoking Linked to IQ Decline In Later Years

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ninja42, Aug 28, 2012.

1. I retired at 50

2. Idk man.. It could definitely be true, but as a first hand experience I don't feel like I am relatively dumber than when I didn't smoke weed. I'm 19 and have been cremating bowls since I was hmm... 17 about. There are a lot of very bright people out there that burn tree and are still very smart.

3. They mention kids who start smoking at the age of 13. idk anyone who has started that early, but im sure there are people out there.

4. I don't believe it to be true based on my personal experiences. Weed is what made me start thinking rationally and helped me break free from the common day daze.

5. Don't smoke before your fully grown? Pretty simple really.

6. I can believe that, certainly. It makes sense to not smoke weed until your brain is fully developed.

7. I started at 13 and maintain a 3.2 gpa

8. correlation does not imply causation. these test are just beating a dead horse. not newsworthy imo.

9. It's possible but I'm still skeptical of the study.

10. Who was the study funded by?

11. I started toking at 15

12. wait a second...this study was released by health.com, the same web site that says weed is more dangerous than tobacco. This is all propaganda, one of the reasons it is being shown on CNN.com. They are just trying to start more Reefer Madness bcuz cannabis will be legalized with in the next 10 years.

13. I've seen this on the news as well. I don't really know what to make of this statement. I don't feel any less dumb from smoking weed. That being said I'm not a heavy smoker and only smoke a couple times a week as of recently. I guess maybe if you smoked your whole life...?

14. I can see how someone starting young might be affected, but once your brain is fully developed its shown to cause some IQ decline with prolonged heavy use. However within a month IQ had fully recovered. And with moderate use there was no link whatsoever between weed and declined IQ

15. I started at 13.... Im pretty smart.

16. Granny where are you!?

17. i started at thirteen, i feel dumb as fuck.
    i kid i kid :p

18. Can we, as a group just keep this kind of stuff in the back of our minds? Our personal experiences mean jack shit to the scientific method...if in fact the study was done properly. No one should be knee-jerking and saying whether this is true or not. Just keep it in the back of your mind until we hear more.

19. wheed dosent mak me fel stoopid! :hello: