Tecnaflora's "recipe for success"

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Isaid'Ello, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Hello GC! Let me first thank all who post viable info. It is you who share knowledge from experience that teach us that learn from reading.

I have had good results with low maintenance (watering when rain didn't) small (10-20) outdoor grows.

That being said;
    I am looking to set up my first indoor "show" and trying to do as much legwork before jumping in.

I have decided on the Ebb & Grow 12 unit system and (2) 1000w HPS lights(may be overkill but better to have light and not need it than need light and not have it). Starting from seed (AMS Master Kush).

Now I need to decide on my "nutes." In the theory of "keep it simple stupid" and due to the vast amount of nutrients on the market. I am very attracted to Technaflora's "Recipe for Success." I am aware the mixing guide will be a little high and I need to start around 1/4 of what is suggested and test the reservoir and go from there. I also know the "suitcase" kit will not supply enough to support my 55 gal. reservoir. i plan to buy bulk of each "nute."

To make a long story even longer. My question is; does anyone have experience with this package? Or even advise based on knowledge of it's contents.

Additional info: 10x10 finished basement grow room, no co2 planned, (2) 250 cfm vent systems, (2) 48" AggroBrite FSF for starting, Temp/Ph/TDC monitor.

Sorry for the winded post just trying to be thorough so less questions need to be asked and more advise can be given. Thanks in advance for any advice, answers or comments.

2. Sounds like you are well on your way to building a slick grow room. Also sounds like you can afford to go all out too, which is a good thing when you are trying to end up with a good product.

Don't have any experience with the nutes, but technaflora makes decent shit. I am sure you won't be dissapointed.

Do us a favor. Start a grow journal and keep us updated. It would be interesting to see a reasonably experienced outdoor grower grow indoors for the first time. Sounds interesting to me at least.

Good luck.

3. Thanks Mad for the insanely fast response. I plan to document the entire grow from build up to harvest. it will be posted here. for my own records and for advice from others. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" so I have saved for the past year to afford this system. I also believe money doesn't buy results. So i want to check with the pros first. I have heard the same of Technaflora's products and have seen good results out of a greenhouse setup, but was unsure of the "Recipe for Success" kit.

4. Just a quick update. I found a great deal on WW fem on attitude and would love advice on choosing my strain.

5. Bumping this to try and get quick feed back. Large shipment of supplies showed up at my safe house toay and I'm close to set up.