techniques to keep animals away from plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by inspiron, Mar 28, 2007.

1. and bullets work too

2. how about skunks? im using blood meal and i dont want them diggin up my roots

3. Listen man its going to sound utterly disquisting but if you take a large plastic jug and just start pissing in it and just let it sit for 3 weeks it will reek yes but gaurenteed it will keep all animal away from your beautiful skunky babies because of the high concentrated amounts of Ammonia, and nitrogen keep in mind it can be too clos to the palnt it'll kill it spread it in a 15 ft radius just remember that humans are on the top of the food chain and theres a reason animals run away is because they can smell the piss in your sweat. kannibisman93

4. If your using blood meal you should think about getting an actual fence, you can throw sticks and stuff over the fence to mask it. A fence thats about 3 feet high will keep out little animals, but for deer you should make a fish wire fence, all I have guarding my grow is fish wire fence, I just dug four holes for posts (used tree logs) and strung just one single piece of fish wire horizontally each strand is like 8 feet long. The deer never got in, sometimes I go up there and the wire is sagging because they tried to get through it but all I gatta do is push the tree logs outwards and stomp the ground around it to get more tension in the lines.

5. Just pee all around your spot works really well been doing it that way for ever until i got a real garden..

6. Pee will work, if you eat a lot of meat. If your a vegetarian or don't eat a lot of meat the deer really wont care about the piss if theirs juicy buds behind it to eat.

But the thing about deer is they do not like the smell of blood meal, you have bloodmeal so you can use that sprinkle it around the perimeter. That will attract smaller animals but if they don't get past your fence its fine.

You can go to any garden store and find Dried blood, keep them dam deer away.

7. I think it's funny when people say use your hair, pubes. Let your friends know you're smoking my pubes. Gross. Use some animal piss

8. Me too. Hair is used like hay when you grow grass, the deer wont eat the grass seed. Hair wont do jack shit to prevent a deer from eating a marijuana plant. Just put up a fence if deer are a problem, its easy o_O

9. I'm curious if dogs naturally mess with the plants or eat them. I plan on transplanting a plant in my backyard just for the hell of it and its not too important if it works The back of my yard is perfect because it gets direct sun for most of the day and isn't visible.

However every now and then when my dog is sick he eats grass and I'm afraid he'll think my plant is an ideal remedy

10. I use a spray called repels all, i grow on my farm ware i shoot many deer every year trap coon skunks and opossom and my plants never get eaten .

11. What im going to do is fill a few plastic bottles with cotton and piss in them, use catterpiller and spidermite protection spray, vinegar soavked corncobs and a line of rope of wire around each plant to top it off