Technique i have heard of

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by InsomniacsDream, Apr 23, 2009.

1. I remember reading somewhere that if late on in the growing process you cut into the stems of the plants a bit it stimulates the production of THC i can't remember where i read this but if anyone could elaborate on it who knows the technique if it is a real technique then it would be appreciated. How effective is this method and when and how far do you cut the stems?

2. Don't cut your plant.

3. You mean cutting the fan leaves and branches.... right? Some growers swear that it gives them fatter buds.

4. I think so i really can't remember I read it a long time ago, can you explain the technique a little bit or is it one of those things which really makes very little difference.

5. I've never tried it but have read on several occasions that pushing a nail right through the base of the stem a few days before harvest has this effect due to the extreme stress it causes the plant. Might be an old wives tale, I'm sure some of the more experienced growers will shed some light though.

6. i heard of it before , but it was to slice long ways on the stem and the plant wou;d try to heal itself up with sappy goo and it was only done to add weight..... that was the tale i heard.. from an old timer.....i think it would be too risky for a personal grow.....:)

7. I'm just doing a basic grow with bagseed and if its done a day or two before harvest i can't see it possibly doing to much damage, i am just curious to see if it has any actual effect on anything