Technician's First Outdoor Grow LSD and Bagseed

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by TechnicianGrower, Aug 1, 2018.

1. #1 TechnicianGrower, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Whats up guys, Technician here. So awhile back i felt like running some plants this summer. Been wanting to do a outdoor grow for years now. Very excited to get things going. This is my first outdoor grow. Ive done an indoor grow with some friends years ago. Havent been able to grow like i wanted the past few years but anyways.. I know its a little late in the season for some of you guys. Where i live the weather is too harsh and unpredictable to start early in the year like the spring or early summer. I suppose i coulda started a few weeks ago maybe. Im a little behind i know i wont get the biggest yield but i dont really care. Just wanna grow some plants outside to success the old way. Im vegging them for a few weeks inside until their able to stand the climate outside. The strains that ive got going is a LSD bagseed from some weed from a dispensary; and some bagseeds from some regi or (mid grade bud as some of you call it here on GC.) I orginally started them in some soil from my backyard and transplanted the other day to some Miracle grow soil for flowering plants. I added some dolomite lime to the soil to help stabilize the soils pH level.(i dont care at all for MG soil used it before its not the best i know but all i could find where i live without driving a good ways.) Nutrients ill be using is some Neptune's Harvest will post a pic of that later on. Without further abdue.. Here are the young ones.

2. Here is the LSD plant at day 9. I feel like it got a little stunted when it was in the first cup before the transplant. I waited a little too long to plant and had the bury the root a little more. So it grew in the corner of the cup for a few days. Seems to have bblew up a little with growth though after the transplant. Let me know if you guys think its a little too small for day 9.

Attached Files:

3. Another pic of it. The leaf curling in the first pic is from the way it was cramped and the other leaves grew up against for awhile.

Attached Files:

4. Heres the regi (mid-grade) bagseeds the bigger one and the first two pics is the one at day 5. The other and way smaller one is at day 4. I may have to start another one if this one doesnt start to pick up. The big one has been blowing up with growth ever since it sprouted. I had another one that was growing great and big too but i accidently knocked it over accidently killing the plant, What a shame :bang:. The last is a picture of my ghetto setup. ( with all the cords its beginning to look like a indiana jones snake pit haha.)

Attached Files:

5. Looks like bay leaves as a topdress lol. Poke some drainage holes in that Styrofoam cup and put a plate under it. Soil needs to drain.

6. Already did that mate but thanks for the input. Will take you up on the plate idea though lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I feel like i stunted the smallest plant when i transplanted. The soil didnt have the best drainage at the time (i used the bottom of pop bottles because it was all i had at the time.) So it stayed a little to wet and it just fell apart because i misread it. If it doesnt pick up by the end of the day i may just put it down.. A sad thing to do but i only have so much light/ room at the moment ans i dont wanna waste any on a stunted plant that may die anyway. I started germinating another bagseed just now

8. Its been awhile since i posted anythibg so i figured id post and update. Been having a little bit of a pest problem. Someone told me their were thrips but they dont resemble them or any pest i can find. I made a mixture of some vinegar, water, lemon juice, and a tiny amount of chili powder all diluted a good amount. Been spraying them every night before lights off since then with it both sides of the leaves i leave plastic down so if their laying eggs i can catch them before they hit them soil. Been squishing every one too lol. Theirs never alot but a few here and there sometimes. Never more than three on a plant. Ive been able to keep them down to a minimum but i cant get rid of them. I dont get payed for awhile and cannot get neem oil for atleast a few weeks anyone know a better homemade organic pesticide? Heres a pic of one of them

9. I cant upload anything right now internet is messing up will post some pics later

10. I cant upload anything right now internet is messing up will post some pics later

11. Heres what they look like. Im pretty sure their thrips just not the species everybody else sees

Attached Files:

12. Heres the regi plant at Day 12. It and the LSD plant are not that bad from the thrip damage. The other regi plant caught up after awhile but is getting the worst of it. Been spraying them with a vinegar solution evrry day with plastic down and then with water. Been keeping their numbers down somewhat. The other plants look just fine. Theyre going outside today will post and update later.

Attached Files:

13. LSD at Day 16

Attached Files:

14. Regi #2 plant not looking so well theyve been eating its leaves up a little. But i may pull through.. A good example of thrip damage.

Attached Files:

15. Started another bagseed the other day of the mid grade. I figured ehh what the hell why not try an experiment to see if itll pull through outside. I know a way to keep the wind from killing it. It may pull through it may not but nature is quite giving so you never know

Attached Files:

16. Hope everything went well with your grow TG.

Take care.

17. Sorry I never posted anythung else guys. I didnt have internet for quite some time where I lived. Those plants all grew well i moved them out in the woods but unfrotu altely their was very heavy flooding in my area and i lost all but one that was a smaller plant. When I went back to check them all i thought were dead from ovwewatering because they were some wilted and had no leaves hardly but one survived It barely yielded anything it was just a experiment of the seedling i started last. It was only a few weeks old when i put it outside when it was already time in my area for plants to flower. It even survived a few frosts and had a little purple on it. Wasn't too bad of smoke but only got like a gram if that