Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Teaching someone how to smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JakeMader, Feb 14, 2013.

1. I'm smoking with about 4 people on the weekend, and for all of them, it's their first time. They all said they have no clue how to smoke and I'll have to "teach" them. I don't really know what to teach though? How do I explain smoking to them? Do I say "just inhale as if it was oxygen" or do I say "inhale some into your mouth then suck in" or what? And would a joint be easier for them to use for their first time? Or would a pipe. Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I want this to be a really smooth/easy/chilled-out first time for all of them so that they can see what weed is really all about. Thanks :hello::smoking:

2. The main thing you need to make sure they do is get it deep into their lungs. A lot of first time smokers will be inclined to just keep the smoke in their mouth for some reason, so just tell them to hit it like you are taking a deep breath. Tell them they should feel their lungs expand when they hit it. And as for smoking method, I would think a joint/blunt would be best for them just cause its most like a cigarette, and everyone has seen someone smoke a cigarette. Good luck!

3. When they take a hit, tell them to take another breath of fresh air right after. It helps get it into their lungs instead of keeping it in their mouth, hold for a few seconds and then exhale. I got high my first time and that's basically all they had to tell me.

4. I'd personally say sparking a blunt/joint would be easiest since you dont' have to place a finger over a carb or anything.

To teach them, just tell them to lightly place their mouths over the non-lit side and inhale. Once the smoke is in their mouths, breathe through their noses or even slightly open their mouth and inhale air to push the smoke down.

Pass them some water and get ready to call them a b*tch for coughing as usual, and enjoy =)

5. Inhale like you're using a straw. Then close your mouth and inhale through your nose that way that smoke isn't as harsh. And using a joint/blunt would be best I think. That's what I learned on

6. You should definitely start them out with a joint or a blunt. Just tell them to pull in on the joint/blunt, and once you're finished pulling, inhale very deeply through your nose. This should pull the smoke down into their lungs. That's how I learned to smoke.

7. Yeah. Its a hard thing to do

8. Also another questions, how do I minimize freaking out? Like, what type of environment should we be in to avoid one of them getting all scared and freaking out? And if one of them does, how do I calm them down?

9. The best place to be would be a place where you wont see any strangers or even worse, cops. The best place would be someones house but if thats not possible then the next best thing would be a secluded hill or something

10. Try to be in a chill environment for all of you. Don't be at a place where you can get caught. If you are all toking up at someones house when smoking isn't allowed then the paranoia will set in for one of them most likely. So try and do it at someones house where its allowed so it feels real relaxing. If someones home isn't an option then i say just anywhere people can't see you. And if someone does freak out, just tell them its only weed and that they won't die. Also just having them take deep breathes will hopefully have them calm down.

11. Biggest thing they need to know is to inhale it deep.
    Without explanation, many first timers don't inhale, and then let out a fat cloud of THC.
    Also, tell them to go easy on the hit. They don't need to inhale super fast. :p

A pipe or a joint won't really make a difference. I guess a joint would be easier, minimizes the need for a lighter.

12. I rremember when I first taught my girlfriend how to smoke a bowl it was hella romantic. I wish she'd smoke more but she doesn't like it. Anyway to answer your question, spark up a j because its similar to a cigarette like someone else said

13. Hey now, we were all there at one point :p