teachers getting C&C permits

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mosesnumb, Dec 29, 2012.

1. What part of state patrol background checks, the training, and the percentage of teachers that would choose to have a concealed weapon makes you think that all teachers would just get hand guns wrapped up with a bow handed to them?

Like there's not some sicko lunatic cops and principals out there. The point is to let those capable and deserving use their right to bear arms for possibly good. Only if needed.

2. yes but its way harder for a sicko lunitic to become a cop than it is a teacher.

idk i just don't think its a good idea allow guns inside class rooms full of children at all.
    i sure as hell would not like my child hanging around all day everyday with somebody i dont know (maybe met ONCE briefly on back to school night) that has a gun. you're already putting alot of trust in teachers with the education of our kids let own their lives.

yeah they have the right to bear arms and i am all for it but in my opinion the only people that should be allowed a gun on a school campus is the school police officer (if they have them, all mine did) or the school security team and possibly the principle, given a full background check, proper training, and a psychiatric evaluation.

3. Kids knock out and search the teachers in Canada? WTF dude.

Most people who carry concealed are more proficient shooters than local police.

Police training with firearms is not as intensive as you think.

4. #44 Lenny., Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    Usually cc licenses mean that you have to take courses regarding safety and usage.

I see no reason why teachers with cc licenses cannot also be gun enthusiasts in their spare time.

I definitely don't think that kneejerk reactionary measures should be taken to the media shooting. Schools are safer than most any other places in the nation.

I don't think anyone likes the idea of every teacher carrying weapons. I don't think it's needed either. I would hate the idea of making teachers do that. They are there to educate first and foremost.

I just don't think that a teacher that happens to have a cc license should be barred from carrying on school grounds.

There are sickfuck teachers that exist, but I do not believe to the point of being homicidal. In my experience teachers are safe, and allowing them if they so choose to conceal a firearm isn't going to harm anyone.

5. [quote name='"southgatoker"']
    Writing in paragraph form doesn't making the text shorter.

But anyway, kids should be a lot more safe than they are. Everyone should be a lot more caring about security. Gun restrictions will not help. What makes you think getting an illegal fire arm is a lot harder than getting one legally? Trust me there are a lot more firearms floating around than you think. And in Columbine, those kids were fucked. Plus the didn't get firearms legally so how would restrictions come into play? Gun bans wouldn't have affected the pipe bombs they were throwing, would it?[/quote]

Who said anything about gun restrictions?

I never said ban guns, I'm all for people carrying wepons I just don't think its neccessary in schools that's all. It's adding wepons that shouldn't be there.

You made my point people that do this are fucked in the head. They're gonna do it regardless of how many teachers are carrying guns so why have all that added risk for very little benefit?

6. A month ago teachers were "union thugs" who work for the government to indoctrinate our children.

Now? Give them guns!

7. Hahaha thanks. I didn't even think of that. We could atleast give the teachers in the south guns. They aren't unionized yet, nor as fucked in the head

8. What's wrong with kids and people knowing they have guns? Those cowards target school, cus they are "gun free." What if they aren't gun free? I think it would make people think twice about targeting very unprotected children.

9. Your wrong....they are cowards. That's why they attack gun free zones. So what if they weren't gun free? It won't happen.

10. How quickly things change. The teachers already get paid shit salary, but our congress people get paid six figures.

This is why I don't attack teachers and call people union thugs.

11. [quote name='"orville22"']

Your wrong....they are cowards. That's why they attack gun free zones. So what if they weren't gun free? It won't happen.[/quote]

Who is this they?

Crazy people attack all over the place. On Christmas eve some crazy asshole set his house on fire and started picking off firemen that responded to the fire. He was hidding in a hole he dug and killed himself after he killed two of them and wounded two others.

Are we supposed to arm every fireman now?

Like I said you're giving crazy people way too much credit they don't care

12. Who is giving these union thugs guns? Sounds very shady, I always hear about these gun giveaway parties but It seems I'm always too late to attend.

13. You don't think it will deter them? Idk man, i would feel safer as a parent.

14. #54 BigBud98, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    havent seen them knock them out but ive seen on more than one occasion a kid tackle the teacher to the ground and their was nothing the teacher could do, the teacher was just lucky their was another teacher near by to pull the kid off of him

15. [quote name='"orville22"']

You don't think it will deter them? Idk man, i would feel safer as a parent.[/quote]

No I don't

I think if someone is thinking about going into a crowd of people and shooting them they aren't considering other people who have guns.

Like I said I think they should do something but arming teachers just isn't the answer

16. So why don't they go into police stations and do that? Only go where they won't be confronted.

17. Idk I'm not a crazy person who wants to shoot people so I can't tell you.

I know what you're getting at but it just isn't the same. Not every teacher is going to have a gun, every cop has one. Not every teacher who has a gun will have the practice required to use it accurately, most cops do.

It's not like a school shooting happens every week. It's happened a handful of times over decades, that doesn't mean we should go nuts and arm everyone.

What about movie theaters? Wanna arm the ushers? How about the little girl behind the counter giving out popcorn, let's give her a few pistols just incase

I think one police officer in a school would be enough of a deterant

18. Americans-Mind Your Own Fucking Business!!!

America is ALWAYS Sticking its nose in other peoples business, Iraq, Afghanistan etc etc

And now on your own soil, tearing each other apart for the personal choices you make for the well being of your family..

It's like how Americans on every news site labels each other in the comments as liberals or democrats, what about American citizens?

You people become so blinded by such stupid shit that laws that take away your freedoms and rights get passed in congress everyday, because everybody is too busy using their emotions to fight each other instead of using their brains and working together.

19. Why not arm the principal..i know in my small town we don't have that much extra money or cops

20. [quote name='"orville22"']

Why not arm the principal..i know in my small town we don't have that much extra money or cops[/quote]

I lived in a small town. We had 4 cops at one point for the whole town and we still had a cop in our school. Where there's a will there's a way