teachers getting C&C permits

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mosesnumb, Dec 29, 2012.

1. I understand what it means I just don't think its a smart idea to have teacher carrying wepons on them during class.

I just imagine my elementary school teachers with pistols and I laugh

2. I don't see the connection between a teacher getting a conceal carry license and them being able to carry schools.

3. Because legislature is discussing allowing it in schools.

4. The state legislature? I'm pretty sure it's just going to only go as far as discussion.

5. i dont think teachers should have guns what if a kid swipes it from the teacher and goes target practicing??? or the teacher goes off the deepend and goes on a shooting spree??? why not place armed veterans coming back from iraq or ones with out jobs in schools?? of course they would have to pass psych tests and shit but that would kill 2 birds with one stone create jobs and neutralize the threat of school shootings

6. Once again people, kids won't be able to swipe it, its concealed. Kids won't even know who is packing. What if teachers just start to carry guns without permits, against the law to have a gun in school, and prevents a shooting with a heavily armed student? Then what would you say?

7. real teacher would man up and study Shaolin

8. I still think its a bad idea

9. Some dumbass teacher with a gun in a class full of kids, I think not. Put a few unemployed veterans in a school if you want more protection, don't allow teachers to have weapons.

10. Usually the argument is that a teacher could fly off the handle and start mowing down students, even though there is literally nothing stopping a teacher from doing that in most schools. That argument is silly.

Schools are generally safe. I don't think teachers should have to be armed- though if they have cc's then I don't see why it shouldn't be able to extend to school grounds. The gun free zones that most schools are do nothing to stop violent people who wish to do harm.

Those who get cc's usually aren't 'dumbass teachers'. Your average person/teacher usually doesn't bother with guns and cc licenses.

11. dude kids will learn teachers are packing and where their not stupid, we use to go through are teachers desks and shit when we were in school and if they have it one them all it takes is someone to see a glance of where it is, or some crazy kid to knock the teacher out and search him

12. FUCK NO. teachers should not have be able to have guns with them in school. school security or the principles should, but not teachers. there are some crazy, sick and twisted people that become teachers like the guy from the school in LA feeding kids spoonfuls of cum and shit telling them it was a game. any pshyco can become a teacher and then handing them a gun with a class room full of kids?? what a fuckin brilliant idea...smh.

all throughout my schooling I've seen kids giving teachers a hard time and the teachers just losing their shit. in 6th grade our teacher yanked my friend around by the hood on his jacket choking him because he talked back to him, to name one instances. not saying he would have shot him if he had a gun but obviously that guy couldn't keep his cool over something so small. i don't think keeping a gun around easily aggravated and stressful people with aggravating and stress making kids is a good idea at all.

what happened in Connecticut was horrifying and tragic but people are kinda blowing it out of proportion, no one ever thinks about the millions of other gun owners that don't go around shooting people. talking about stricter gun laws and shit when the kid was already breaking numerous felonies before walking out the door. i think there should defiantly be more of a process to get a guns but people really need to look at both sides of things.

13. I agree with the concept that all teachers should have the choice to carry a concealed weapon. I know when I turn 21 I'm getting one. In CT , there was a body count of 26, teachers and children. At a Hobbit viewing, there was also a shooting with a body count of 2. That was a victim and the shooter. Do you know why? Because there was an off duty police officer there with a CONCEALED WEAPON. I think teachers should have to be required for a number of things such as to have been certified for CPR, VERY VERY EXTENSIVE background checks, evaluation of mental state by certain psychologists, a choice to carry a concealed weapon with a required training program on how to use it, etc. If that means taking welfare and food stamps from a few crack heads and a few fuckups, then so be it. The only people to get government benefits should be people that work for the government and people over 60. I also think there should be police officesr from the local police dept. in every building that kids are taught in. Their office should be in the very front of each building. There should be monitors in their office that is always showing the confines of their building. In the main office of each school, the doors should be locked after the kids get to school and the person in the main office should have a button to let someone in the door. Other than that all the other doors should be locked and never unlocked. The only door that should be unlocked is the very front of the building where the police officers office is. Each police officer should patrol their hallways a few times during each period. When each period ends, each police officer should stand outside their doors and watch over the kids. There should also be a small building in the very front of the campus on the main road to it. In that building should be a police officer that sees everyone coming in and going out during school hours. There should be mechanical arms on each side of the building to stop people and let people through. That police officer should have a radio, so when he lets someone through, he lets the person in the main office know that someone is coming. So that way when someone comes on to campus undetected, the person in the main office will know not to let them in. In public places such as malls, stores, movie theaters, theme parks, etc. there should be armed security guards which to get the job have to go through physical tests, psychological tests, extensive background checks, and such. They should patrol their confines at all times. One persons life is worth a lot and everyone should feel safe and the criminals should feel endangered. Gun bans are not the solution. A lot of the places that people get shot at have gun bans (schools) and the only person violating that gun ban is the shooter. A gun ban is a Marxist idea that everyone shouldn't be armed except for people that work for the government. The only people not violating the gun bans would be the innocent which are the people getting killed. If you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

14. i stopped reading that massive wall when you started talking about the hobbit.

the key word is off duty cop. he was a trained professional, which a teacher is not. put a cop in the schools you dont need to arm the faculty

15. We have a winner.

16. Well if you would have read my "wall" then you would have known that I pretty much preached that we should put police officers in school. What? Did you getting tired off sounding out the words out loud to comprehend them?

17. paragraphs are your friends. use them.

18. Writing in paragraph form doesn't making the text shorter.

But anyway, kids should be a lot more safe than they are. Everyone should be a lot more caring about security. Gun restrictions will not help. What makes you think getting an illegal fire arm is a lot harder than getting one legally? Trust me there are a lot more firearms floating around than you think. And in Columbine, those kids were fucked. Plus the didn't get firearms legally so how would restrictions come into play? Gun bans wouldn't have affected the pipe bombs they were throwing, would it?

19. it doesnt but its a hell of a lot easier for the reader to read and in some ways makes your argument more credible.
    just some food for thought.