Tea Strength

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GiMiK, Jan 15, 2013.

1. #1 GiMiK, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    So I made a BT a couple days ago, and I was wondering if I should dilute the tea before I apply.

Roughly 2 handfuls (lol) of kelp meal, 2 tsp of molasses and half a cup of Rabbit Chow (Purina brand) in 3 gallons of water.

I was thinking that 1:2 ratio would be sufficient, but I lack the knowledge/experience needed to know how much.

Just wondering what more experienced tea users would dilute it to, if at all.

2. Hmm, nobody has any input to share?

I would greatly appreciate some before I go playing around with dilution ratios. :D

3. quick question. was it in a sealed jar and/or with lacto bacilius added?

if not, than "technically" you made a botanical tea with no real fermentation going on. I regularly use approximately 1c of dried accumulator plant matter (kelp, alfalfa, comfrey, dandelion, nettle, etc) steeped in 5 gal of water for 1-10 days and applied undiluted as a foliar and a drench with no problems...the girls love it. I don't "strain" it per se, but whatever plant matter is left after i water, i toss into my cooking soil. Or my worm bin if i had one going.

i haven't actually fermented any of my teas, but if you had it open to the air and stirred it up every once in a while, 1c for 5gal is pretty safe. I've read people doing higher doses though, and I don't measure at all so the cup is just a relative goal.

hope that helps?

4. Thank you, I should have said it's a Botanical Tea as I have a 20 watt air pump running in it, lol.

Thanks for explaining your own tea as well, that's useful advice. I'll continue to re-read through that thread, as I feel I overlooked some pertinent info.