tea And coffee

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by gardenkingss, Mar 28, 2011.

1. So I'm wondering now. Does Tea and coffee grounds help your grow?
    :rolleyes:

2. Possibly, added to a compost I suppose... but those materials could heavily impact the PH of the soil. If you are well versed in controlling the PH of your soil/runoff I would say go for it. Personally I would be afraid of burning whatever I was growing. Just my 2¢

3. believe it or not i've used stale coffee on my plant the first few weeks it grew and it works i saw alot of growth in leave size and height

4. I've heard it makes it more potent if you know how to use it. :)

5. i've heard that and if you using it when your flowering it makes your buds denser

6. Coffee grounds raise the acidity of the soil. It's commonly used by gardeners.

7. Mhm, you just have to be careful NOT to overload it. Like the people above, you have to be aware of the pH of it...

8. I've heard it gives you wings,

Oh and also raises your pH obesely high, I do use coffee grounds though. Doesn't really hurt anything if you know what your doing. Makes your buds taste like a hint of coffee if you use it through the whole grow.

9. how would I reasonably measure the Ph?

10. It's best to just take a small pinch of fine ground coffee, sprinkle it around the edges of your potting container( never right in the middle, or near the stem ). And then do a regular plain watering, and pH the run off. If you use a small pinches you should never have a problem with overly acidic soil. This is the method I use.

11. so it does help? :D

12. Yea look at my plant in my signature link....I only use home ingredients to feed her, and she loves it.

13. I saw, I said to read my sig XD. Does tea do the same?

14. I really didn't get the same results with tea as I did with coffee grounds, tea really was almost like watering with plain water. Coffee was more of a stronger dose and better results for me.

15. so how many pinches per plant? Like right on the edge? Also is it pure coffee grounds like right out of a bag?

16. The used coffee grounds are fine. If you must you can also use the fresh coffee grounds.

I just just 1 Pinch per a plant. and lightly sprinkle it along the edges of the soil/potting.

17. okay thank you so much :D