Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

TB Drug Test Game Plan

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LWit, May 4, 2015.

1.    So I recently lost my job and just as recently (same day, actually) picked up a job at Taco Bell to pay the bills. Out of nowhere, the hiring manager offered me a position as shift lead (step above crew member, step below assistant manager.) I wasn't expecting anything of the sort as I have zero fast food experience and am thus pretty unprepared for a drug test.
        Now, she tells me that I'll be going through training as a crew member first and that I'll have a month at the earliest before I actually start the shift lead training process. I tentatively asked around on answers.com and yahoo if shift leads are drug tested but only recieved one answer: a "yes" on answers that has no username or qualifications attached whatsoever and didn't tell me whether the test was your basic cup test or would be sent off to a lab. (Obviously, anyone who works at TB who could give me a more informed answer would be appreciated.)
        I'm going to plan for the worst (the lab test) and have stopped smoking to prepare. Given a month, what do you think would be the best way to get as clean as possible? I know that fat-burning exercise can increase the rate THC metabolites are released into your system and is generally best avoided in the week running up to a test, but given the amount of time I've got, my current plan is to start running every other day for the next 2.5-3 weeks to try and burn as much as I can out of my system and then cool it for a week or two before the probable testing time to give me the highest chance of being clean for the worst-case-scenario lab test. Any thoughts?

P.S. -- Dilution fanatics need not reply. ;) Your fast metabolism/water chugging may have gotten you lucky on a cup test or two but wouldn't fly with a medical review officer with a lab behind him.
    P.S.S. -- Lab test at Taco Bell? Probably unlikely but I like to be prepared; the shift leaders here make $6/hour more than your average crew member and I've been lab tested at factories in the area for less.

2. Oh, and I DID look through the forums before posting (before even signing up for an account, actually). There were a few kind-of similar posts but "my situation is different," as they all say.

3. Taco Bell drug tests?
    I would have never thought that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Your situation sounds no different than any other thread.

And I'd still recommend dilution. Not sure why you think it's ineffective at lab tests

5. #5 123burnthattree, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    Did taco bell become a gourmet restaurant since serving breakfast? If not, i have never heard of any position getting drug tested in fast food. From janitor to manager.

But after a month and some exercise and proper eating habits, a piss test should be good.

6. #6 LWit, May 4, 2015

It was light sarcasm. [​IMG]
    And dilution is ineffective in a lab test because they can and will notice that the water content of the sample is much higher than it should be or that the pH of the sample is off. While it could be explained away by proper hydration they still mark it as probable tampering and businesses in the area generally take it as a positive test without asking for reasons or a retest.

My dealer actually worked at another Taco Bell as a manager here a few years back and was tested, but he couldn't recall whether they sent the sample off or not and as he was hired right into the position never worked as/ was tested as a shift lead.

7. #7 TheMysticalOne, May 4, 2015
    Are you actually worrying about failing after not smoking for 1 month ? Unless you're some 350 pound, junk-food eating, lazy, 3g per day smoker its like impossible not to pass.

8. #8 TheMysticalOne, May 4, 2015
    Btw i passed 2 random drug tests 2 days (or like 36 hours) after smoking. I just drank a shitload of water and ate a couple vitamin b pills. The first time i ate a ot of meat so my creatine levels would be normal. Second time i didnt and still passed. (lab tests).

9. I've known people with normal body types who failed 3 months clean after many years of toking. Metabolite degradation and storage is not as clear cut as stop for a few weeks.

10. Thats just weird. Idk what to say. Maybe something else made the test come up positive ?

If i was that concerned i would work out heavily and detox for 15 days then buy a drug test and try for myself.

If i failed i would try again 2 days before the test and if i failed again i wouls just get some clean piss from a friend.

11. Weird, but it happens. Metabolism is too unpredictable and random to ever be able to manipulate a slow and fat soluble metabolite like they test for for cannabis.

12. OP, all I can say is I work for  one of the largest occupational drug testing companies in the world, I process anywhere from 2000-4000 specimens per week...haven't ever seen a Taco Bell account. Doesn't mean TB doesn't drug test, just means one of the largest co's doesnt. We get plenty from Burger King, Hardees, and Wendys. 

Dilution is your best bet. No need to drink buckets of water for a week like some retards do, just ~2 - 2.5 hours before the test, drink maybe 0.75 gallon - 1 gallon. Be taking creatine supplement for at least a week to make the specific gravity within range, and be taking vitamin B complex to color it yellow. That's all it takes my friend.

13. A correct solution for passing a test. Rare you see this real of advice on gc

That is excellent news, thank you! I'll prepare anyway, but that took a load off of my shoulders.
    And I appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time out of your days, guys.

On a somewhat-related tangent, there's a research group who plans to carry out a more in-depth study of THC metabolite degradation after finding that some of their subjects would test clean after a month but then have trace amounts without smoking after that. I'll see if I can find the article again and post it here.