Tattoo

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by soapy91, Dec 20, 2011.

1. So I've wanted to get a tattoo for a long time but held off until I found something important enough to permanantly put onto my body. Anyways I decided I want something with Family in it. And narrowed it down to 'Family Above All Else' or 'Family Over Everything'.

This is in part to all the pain my parents are in. My mom has had two back surgeries and lost her job as a nurse to them. Neither were successful in fixing the problem. My Dad has a lot of different illnesses and falls over constantly due to this. He is still one of the strongest people I know. He is only 51 and requires a cane outside of the home and still he does more than I could ever imagine doing in his situation. Just yesterday he had to walk home 4 miles after locking his keys and his phone in the car.

Anyways I was wondering if any blades would be kind enough to draw me up an awesome tattoo expressing my love for my family using one of the phrases I stated above. Thank you for even just reading it whether you choose to take the time or not.

If nothing else please keep my family in your prayers.

2. I can't draw for shit but good luck with the tatt man, sounds like a proper reason to get one :)

3. Thanks man! I appreciate it!

4. a tattoo artist is your best bet to do all your work from start to finish. a tattooist has an understanding of a tattoos limitations, way the piece will fit with your anatomy etc etc. you will get the best results finding a reputable shop around you, scanning the artists portfolios and picking whichever one whose art grabs your eye. talk to the artist, tell him/her what ya want and theyll work with you getting you something drawn up and edited to your tastes. sometimes a deposit is required to get the initial work drawn up, but thatll go towards cost of tat. if an artist is less than willing to do some draw ups (as some ive seen have been) tell them to fuck off and find a new one.

good luck!

5. Thanks for the tips bro. To be honest I was just looking to get some cool ideas to show wherever I choose to go. Maybe give myself or the artist an idea of what I want. But that said didn't give all you blades much to work with. But thanks again for the tips. Be easy my friend.

-Soapy

6. #6 topazann, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    My mother has been a huge part of my life, and I grew up working with her in her greenhouses.
    I thought that I would get a tattoo dedicated to her, and thought something with flowers would suit it best.
    I found this image of some guys shoulder piece and fell in love.
    I'm thinking of extending it into an entire sleeve, or a 3/4 sleeve
    But I feel I should change it a bit so its not a direct copy.
    I found a song by one of my favorite folk artists Upward Over The Mountain - Iron and Wine
    The song goes on saying "Mother don't you worry..."