Tattoo question?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by smokinbudzzz, Oct 19, 2013.

1. How much time and money would this tattoo be? I know it depends on the artist but in general how long or how much money would it be? Also, can any tattoo artist do this tattoo or do i have to go to one of the top guys in my city so it will turn out nice? It seems like a difficult tattoo to do but i dont really know anything about tattoo's, haven't even got one yet.

[​IMG]

2. That's a hell of a tattoo for your first one haha.

It's going to be expensive. Probably more than 20 hours so at least 4 or 5 sessions. Yeah you definitely wanna go to a Top artist for that one. Definitely look around

3. looks like a good 5 grand to me. some artists charge per hour though and with that looks like 25-35 hours .. could be 4-6 hours a day multiple days a week

4. 5,000? That's not that bad. I thought it was going to be around 3,000-5,000. A tattoo that size must hurt a little no? I dont really mind if it hurts just kinda wondering what the feeling is like?

5. at least 5 grand. aaand it will hurt lol. imagine a cat scratching you really deeep for hours. especially the spine area. be ready lol

6. I don't see 5k.. it's all black and grey wash unless I'm color blind.. Most shops for large stuff is about 100-120 an hour. That's maybe a 20hr piece and depending how long guy sat without getting up for each session it could have been faster.. Just my .02

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That doesn't seem too bad lol. Oh okay, so it might be up to 6,000-7,000? 

8. Some top tier artists could charge up to $10,000 for that if not more, and for a back piece you only get one so make sure you spend at least a month researching and talking with different artists. Once it is on there, you better be happy with it because you get one shot to make it a good one. Talk to every single artist in your state if you can! For a piece of that caliber you really can't afford to let some average artist do that one.

9. I live in Calgary,Alberta,Canada so im not sure how many top tier artists live here lol?

Google can help you out

email the photo to the shop(s) and ask how much it would be
    or call and ask how much would a full black and white back piece be

11. I'd never take my shirt off if I had that.

12. Good thing you don't have to get it huh?

13. Look at much is shaded solid black.

Ow.

Not my taste but props to the cornball who sat through that

14. Why would anybody pay 5 grand for something they will never be able to see? At least get it on your chest so you can see it in the mirror when you brush your teeth.

I didn't know you pay for tattoos so they could be seen and shown off I thought it was for tha meaningz

16. Not sure if you are being sarcastic. I don't have any personally.
    I wouldn't want it on my back where it is just for other people to see. That is like buying a car for 5 grand that you will never drive or see. It serves no purpose in my opinion.

17. the meaning or reason for a tattoo is not strictly defined, they can be one of a million things dependant on the person who has it.

18. Damn that looks wild. I've always wanted to get a full sleeve, gotta go harder in the gym though because I want to be in my prime when I get it.

19. Man if i was gonna get a tat like that i'd go for a yakuza style tat but i'm not sure if i'd get killed over it or not :laughing:

20. i want to get it because ive been battling with addiction and its a struggling battle. Like struggling with the devil in a sense.