Tattoo Question

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Four-Two-Zero, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Well, I just got my first tat dont on Saturday and its peeling and flaking, I know thats normal, but some spots on it the color looks like its not there, like you can see my skin. Someone told me the ink spreads and it will look normal when the healing process is completed and someone else told me I will need to get it touched up. Someone help!

2. Yah its supposed to peel and flake, but don't fucking touch any part of it, seriously. Sometimes human's lympathic system rejects the ink more than others(mine does)...So I had to get it re touched up. If in a week it doesnt look like desired effects, then go back. With that said, when you get your first ink it looks great the day you got it. The next week is what it will really look like.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to make sure you don't touch it. Make sure no clothing is rubbing against it and when you sleep try not to let the covers touch. I personally wrap saranwrap around my tats when I first get them. They always come out wonderful.

3. dont mess with it, but give it time to heal and settle in.
    you cant get it touched up right after you get the original done, so you should give it at least a week, if you really think it isnt looking right, just go back to where you got it done and ask to show it to the tat artist (even if theyre not there, any artist should be able to tell you what the situation is).

4. no fear it's normal for the flaking :)

One of my tattoos had some problems and I had to go get it touched up, if the guy who did it isn't a jackass he'll most likely do it for free, but you should wait at least 2 weeks before getting it touched up

5. lik was said above some people skin just does not hold the ink as good as others i am likie that both my tats need touched up cause some spotes there is no ink it no big deal most artists will touch them up for free

6. Yes, it is normal, but as others have said, refrain from picking, or disturbing it in any way. It isn't that un8usual to have to have bits retouched after healing, where the scabs have pulled bits of colour off. If this happens, the touch ups should be free of charge.

Next time, bear in mind that if you smear the tattoo in Preparation H daily, there should be very minimal scabbing, ths eliminating much of this problem. You can buy it in your chemist, and it is a lot cheaper and every bit as effectiveas anything that tattooist might try to sell you.

7. Aveeno lotion is the way to go to keep that bitch nice and moist. But yeah... Sounds like you might need a touchup. Wait a week or two and see how it looks then. If you're not satisfied, go back and show the artist (or another artist if your's isn't there) and they'll likely give ya a free touch up.

8. I'm sorry, but there's no way i'm putting ass cream on anything. period.

You're gonna have to get it touched up if the flaking's that bad. Lubriderm is the best lotion out there for tats. If you went to a decent place, the guy that did it will touch it up for free, most likely because no artist wants his work to look shitty. when you get it retouched, just lotion the shit out of it, you'll be fine.