Tattoo Idea

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by vitao, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Hey GC,

I'm fairly new here, don't post often, but I read avidly.
    Just have an idea I need some help with:

I want to get a tattoo, something to symbolize this overwhelming feeling I have of the fact that every day I lose more and more control of my life. I get told what's "acceptable" to do and be, etc. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about.

So, basic idea: I'm thinking of a person's face, with a sort of "shhh" aura, finger to the nose deal, and their eyes shut. Does anyone have ANY pictures or anything I can look at to see if I will like this or not? Any resident artists feel like taking a crack at it? Any ideas anyone else has to improve on mine? Should it be a male face or female? So many questions.

2. [​IMG]

but seriously

[​IMG]

This is actually one of the most original tattoo ideas i've ever heard. I wish i could help you:smoking:

3. Hahahaha, that Adam Sandler face creeps the shit out of me...

4. Try the artist corner if you want to find someone that can draw.

5. Ah dang, sorry about that, still learning about the site. Is there any way a mod can please move my thread into that section or should I just make a new one?

6. they should move it for ya eventually, but if you intend this thread to just be brainstorming ideas it's fine here.

maybe get an idea from this thread, and once you have that mosey yourself on over to the artist's corner and get someone to draw it up for ya! :D

as for your tattoo idea: do you have a person (author, celebrity, athlete, inventor) who you aspire to be like or are inspired by? if so, maybe having their face doing a "shhhh" motion would be appropriate.

7. First, thanks for the advice; second that is an awesome idea I will definitely think about that and post back as soon as I have an idea.

8. Id use a soft faced woman. Something peaceful about it.

If your wanting it to have more of a "hard mysterious vibe" then get a mans face.

You want people to look at it and unless it has script then the picture itself will give off all the vibes. You want them to understand the feeling/idea you we're trying to portray.

9. do you really want to get something that symbolizes your feelings of being trapped or told what to do or would you rather get something that inspires you to break free from that bondage? like a sick ass phoenix or something that is "free"?

10. These any good??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Diceman, I think you are right about the soft faced woman, that's kind of what I had in mind too, but how do you decide on what the person is going to look like? That stumps me badly.

That is a great view point. Here's the thing though, I don't at all feel trapped, I do feel free, but it really bothers me that that's how society is. If you don't go to school, you're an idiot, if you don't get a job as a high paying executive, you're a failure, if you don't have a nice car and a nice house and a $500K mortgage, you are a "stupid kid" and a hippie. It's just idiotic. That's what symbolism I want to come off of this tattoo, not an idea of being stuck or confused. I want to show that others should open their eyes and ears, and decide for THEMSELVES what they want to do with their life.

Sitting here, now, a week away from graduating university and starting the "dream life" of being in debt and forever not being satisfied with what I have, as they want it to be for everyone, I realize that that's not at all what I want. I want a simple life in a shack with a job that I love that pays next to nothing. It doesn't matter to me how much money I make, it matters to me that I'm happy...

Sorry for the rant lol.

rolson, thanks a lot for the pictures, that gives me a lot of ideas already, but I don't know if I want a praying face. The closed eyes are perfect though! I really appreciate that.

12. No worries fella.

Hows this for a sweet bit of shut eye lol..? ;)

[​IMG]