Tattoo help

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by scubachet, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Want to get an inspirational quote in Latin or something exotic on my left rib cage. Want it to be a few lines long at least, not just a couple words (no carpe diem crap either, no offense if you have that lol)

Ideas?

2. Yesterday i was clever so i wanted to change the world
    Today i am wise so i am changing myself

Lolidk

3. That's a damn good quote, sir.

4. I love it

5. OP, get something that has meaning to you and works for you. Don't ask us when we barely know you. If you want something inspirational wait until you come across something you like then get it done, dont rush into it because it sounds cool the moment you hear it. Maybe have a look here

brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_inspirational.html

Also, latin may not be the best way to go. I studied it for 3 years and it still is a confusing language with many rules. It could be fairly easy to mess up the quote and give it a different meaning or say something wrong - especially when it comes to proper grammar

6. I've got one tattoo in Latin and I plan on getting a second one, they do look good but you have to be careful what you are getting tattooed on yourself, actually means what you think it means.

Make sure you double check what the translation is, if you decide to use online translators, personally though I would find a Latin dictionary and use that to translate the quote I'd like from Latin to English.

Also like someone else has stated make sure you will like it being on yourself for the rest of your life. Please get a tattoo that has some kind of personal meaning, the fact that you are asking us, makes me think that you want it to be cool. I may be mistaken, but don't get a tattoo to be cool, you will probably regret it.

I hope you get the tattoo you like OP.

7. #8 8ight, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    Could you be any more cliche? :p

If you don't already know of an "inspirational" quote (inspirational to you, that is), I wouldn't even be considering a tattoo. And even if you do have a quote in mind, why Latin? Do you know/speak that language? If for the imagery of unfamiliar letters/symbols, I'd sooner get an actual image/artwork tattooed.

But hey, this is just my opinion. For the sake of being relevant, here are two quotes I like and can remember off the top of my head (granted, I wouldn't tattoo them on my body):

This too shall pass.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

They might be misquoted because, as I said, this is just off the top of my head. In fact, they might not even be legitimate quotes.