Tattoo critique thread:

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by somekind, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Those are tight.....

2. I'm likin the 1st one but you really had to use the FS&S logo?

3. ^^^Thats really common with urban gays...... I've seen similar things on hats and such in clubs.

4. Thanks for the compliments. I really like fs&s so i thought id put it on my arm. :)

5. that's cool. it looks clean as fuck.

6. Airsoft guns don't count as home defense.

7. The two ladyfolk, where are they? Aside from obviously being on a limb of some sort. Was Gimmie on the mark with the symbolism?

And the new one... that's some solid fucking ink work. Really well done. I can't keep my eyes off that underscore either. Whats the story on the FS&S though?

Gracias gracias. I can't wait to cover some more of my body but those 'just right' circumstances don't come around too often. :(

8. Well im a lesbian so i wanted something simple and straight forward with the 2 lil stick girls. as for the famous one im just really super tight with my family and i got something to display it. Plus i always wear fs&s clothing so i threw it on there.

Actually my cuzn was sponsered by them so i get most of my fs&s clothes for free... :)

9. [​IMG]

New tattoo.
    I'm a little pissed at the out-of-proportion star,
    but at the same time, I kind of like it.
    lol.

10. why does the beerleaf gotta represent a website? why you gotta be a douche? Maybe in like 10 years when WTM isnt around, people will look at it for what it is, a tight as idea for a tat... lol.

a weed leaf made outta beers dude, are you serious? thats meh shit.

11. Thanks! I like the back of the neck idea for it. This one was originally going to go on my chest but I decided last minute to put it on my arm and I'm really glad I did.

I love how original this one is, and i love how meaningful it is. Awesome tat man

12. You can't see the ones on my arm really well, but the ones on my back are pretty visible.

[​IMG]

13. #53 hushlittlelady, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
    my feet... sorry I don't own a working digital camera, just 2 piece of shit ones that are broken. feel free to donate in order to see better pictures!

I have two birds (sprarrows) on my feet, signifiying eternity, luck, innocence, and a free spirit. also, sparrows mate for life, and they will travel apart from one another, but will always come home. I wanted the same bird on each foot, so I went with different colors. at the time, I had just graudated beauty school, and in hair, we work with tones a lot. warm/cool. so I went with that... one warm toned bird, and one cool toned bird.
    also, there are cherry blossom petals falling, which signifiy femininity and sexuality.
    (macbook pictures coming... beware!)
    left foot, freshly done:
    [​IMG]
    both together:
    [​IMG]
    detail/color:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry for the crappy pictures.. it's hard to take pictures of your feet with a laptop :smoking:
    (btw, all work done is completely custom) I <3 my artist.

14. This is a picture of my only tattoo on the back of my neck. The Ouroboros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

Design specifically from "Full Metal Alchemist". It's a bit darker now, this was taken when I first got it. I love red, think I'll go with this color scheme in the future.

Attached Files:

15. not hating, but flash tattoo art is lame imo (referring to the angel), i've seen that angel posted on the walls of 2 tattoo shops, and its also on a disc of tattoo flash designs i have

i got 9 tattoos but no camera, all origional designs, n i like to keep em that way, i'm sure the angel has a meaning though so i cant say nothin bad about it

16. hush -- DAMN!! i love your tats on your feet. they look lovely!

17. thanks darling!!
    I just wish I could get better pictures, ha :( damn our economy and my lack of money.

18. Actually a friend drew that angel (she's holding a paintbrush), and the guy who drew it has never even been to a tattoo shop. Weird, huh?

The angel does have meaning. It's a memorial tattoo.

19. Well, man, I don't think it's so much that they are played out, but that people who don't know any of the history get them, and give them a bad name. I don't know much about tribal, but there is a lot of meaning hidden within Traditional Japanese tattoos, just have to be original with them. I can see where you're coming from though, especially when thousands of people are out there who just get one kanji of love, or faith, etc (no offense to those who have them, I love the characters and meaning behind it all, just appreciate Japanese tattoos for different reasons :p) But I'm sure you know a good tattoo when you see it.

With that said, I really dig the work on your feet hush, very nice.

Africantapwater, that is a really nice tattoo, it's cool for how simple it is, and the meaning it carries.

trikky, I like your work too, let's see those arms!

For my personal contribution, I don't have any tattoos YET, but I can give you a picture of what one of them will be.

[​IMG]

It's one of M.C. Escher's drawings, I really like it, and am a large fan of infinity. :)

I have a few other ideas, but they will all be custom designed so I will have to wait until I get them done to provide an image.

20. so i was actually passed the fuck out in this picture but my friend decided to have fun and take a pic since my vamp bites tat was at a perfect angle for it.
    [​IMG]
    I have a few more tats, and a HUGE one in the works, but i think that one may be my fav. Although i am getting slightly annoyed with the at least 5 people a day who are like "OH MY GOD! What happened? what did you do to your wrist? You're bleeding! ... but then again, at least it looks realistic.:D