tattoo artists

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by negligent, Jan 16, 2008.

1. are there any tattoo artists who post on GC?

i'm gonna buy a setup when i get my tax return and do some simple stuff on myself like an irish and german flag on my legs, n i jus think tattoo artists have the coolest profession, i'm sure you make some pretty good money doin it too since its kinda equivalent to drug dealin, buy products for cheap and charge a decent price for the tattoo's (since the price of a couple tattoos exceeds the price of the ink/needles many times)

so yea, who here tattoo's for a living, anyone?

2. I tattooed myself the beginnings of a Fleur de Lise on my thigh with India Ink and a sewing needle. I bitched out before I finished though so its just a dark black circle.

Don't think I'd ever be in it for the long haul with equipment and inks, though.

3. I would like to be a tattoo artist one day. Unfortunately, pretty much all tattoo artists are covered in tattoos. I would never get more than a few.

4. ^ my tattoo artist isnt totally covered in tattoo's, she's hella cool to, so you could be one i'm sure

5. want a tip on how to practice BEFORE doing it to your self..go to a butcher and get pig skin..i kno..gross, but it works, its really close to human skin and this way you can practice holding the gun and how deep is too deep and stuff like that, its also good to practice different styles

that or grape fruits

good luck on it man, seriously, your best bet after "practicing" for a while, host a few tattoo parties and charge on the cheap side, a lot of budding artists do that in case they mess something up just a little, they cant really blame you, they kno ur just starting out and they got a huge bargain
    take pics of your stuff to start a portfolio and if/when you want to get a job at a shop, use your portfolio as part of your resume there

have fun
    its competitive, stressful and hard on your back
    but its fucking fun man!

6. dont ink anyone but yourself bro. most tattoo artists are covered because their first tatts were done by them selves, they practice on them selves. like skittlette said, practice on pig skin or grapefruits and oranges