Grasscity - Cyber Monday Sale - up to 70% Discount

Tattoo aftercare

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by IgnoranceIsBliss, Dec 16, 2013.

1. How long did you wait to switch from ointment to moisturizer? Ive been using a&d ointment for 2 weeks and recently switched to fragrance free moisturizer

2. 2 weeks is fine, use unscented lubriderm

3. [quote name="suplove" post="19173867" timestamp="1387219629"]2 weeks is fine, use unscented lubriderm[/quote]I heard any white unscented moisturizer is fine... Thoughts ?

4. hell it was just a couple days later for me i just started using moisturizier

i actuallly didnt use anthing for a while. i didnt care.

the tat looks like shit and i either need to remove it, or finish it, or cover it haha

5. [quote name="Kiefsweat" post="19176287" timestamp="1387244937"]hell it was just a couple days later for me i just started using moisturizieri actuallly didnt use anthing for a while. i didnt care.the tat looks like shit and i either need to remove it, or finish it, or cover it haha[/quote]What's it look like man?

6. Its a yin yang on my wrist

the black wasnt filled in completely...
    looks like fucking asshole dude

its only half to. i need to get the other half on my other wrist

7. I was given moisturizer by the artist. Told to only use it.

My shit is one big scar. 3 dimensional.

8. Very thin layer of Aquaphor for 3 days, 3-4 times a day. Then Curel Ultra Healing about 3 times a day or anytime it's itchy. Should be completly healed in a month. Works wonders for my tattoos.

9. There are a lot of different ways for tattoo aftercare.

I prefer the a+d ointment myself, mostly because it's scentless and has a lot of healing components in it.

Here is a link for "The Top 10 Tips for Tattoo Aftercare", it may be helpful to some.

http://blog.trueartists.com/tattoo-aftercare/

10. I used my "goo" mostly until the scabs fell off. I still use it from time to time just to make them look brighter.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Aquaphor 2-3 times a day for a week, then apply daily for another 2 weeks and after that just apply whenever your skin is looking dry. Used that method for both of mine. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388708223.307416.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388708247.200621.jpg Taken with my iPhone picture quality isn't great.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I use Benpanthen for the first couple of days, heat the tube in hot water so its not as thick, you want to stop using it when it stops flaking. Apply 2-3 times a day.

After that i use Diprobase, which is just a moisturiser for sensitive skin, and i think its used mainly for eczema. use for 1-2 weeks depending on how its healing. use when it gets a little dry

different parts of the body heal differently, as do different artists, so just have to keep an eye on it

13. I thinks 2 weeks is allmost ok i think so it would take time

14. The normal period is 2 weeks and for some the switch when they feel that the ointment not effect, so what ever is your idea or info, just keep up for 2 weeks then switch, be careful :) .

15. Ointment? Lol I have two tattoos and have only used moisturizer. Fuck lol whatever they still look good