Tats?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by Anthony777, Mar 24, 2011.

1. If you've got some, post them! :D

I have none yet, but I'm looking to get my first one soon...except I have no idea what to get yet.

I was thinking of getting my first one on my arm. I want a sleeve at some point in my life, so I figure I should get my first tattoo on my arm, to start it out.

2. i have a lotus flower on my foot and next week i'm getting a feather on my side, like on my ribs.
    i would post pics but i'm too lazy

3. woot... lets get this thread going.

I'm in the same boat. thinking about a rib tattoo for my first. kinda want to see others' to get a feel for what I'd like.

4. I was wanting a halo dedicated sleeve, but I'm not so positive on that yet.

5. #5 Agovita, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    I actually got interested enough to turn on my digital camera, line up to take the pic... and battery runs out. I'll be back...

It's a motorcycle sprocket on my left shoulder. :smoke:The only thing in life that I love to do with no reservations. I think this summer I'm going to get 'agovita' on my right ribs.

Attached Files:

6. i have a lotus on my left foot, the descendents mascot milo (with a book) on my right ankle, the cover album art for the godspeed you! black emperor album "lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven" on my back (actually, it's the pic in my avatar) and a shark behind my right ear.

7. nice dude... i like how its not just a motorcycle on your arm.

anthony777... don't want to be mean, but i dont think that halo sleeve is a good idea (you mean halo the game right?). Just not something I see being permanent on a body.

8. Yeah, that's why I'm not quite sure on it yet.

9. I have a koi on my left shoulder. Want an expendables inspired fat on my chest though.

10. I just got my first tattoos last week, sort of non-representational spiral lotus things. I think what I'm going to do over time is continue to work on them and extend them. IMO simplicity is key and to me that means not having tons of little tats all over the place, a bit of coherency.

The alternative, is to start drawing out lower leg sleeves. Got some ideas based around manadalas and circles, and my calves would give me a lot of space to work with so I'm sure I could come up with some detailed designs. Other themes I'm toying with would be to have a lack of writing/representational art (portraits etc), and focus rather on geometrics.

11. [​IMG]

Star Wars fans... sup?

I should note that there are two versions of the mythosaur skull logo. I picked the original.

12. Hmmm.. ok I'll play

This was the first of my bigger tattoos.. I wont count the silly little ones

[​IMG]

It was done for my son.. I'm born in the year of the fire dragon

This one was for my daughter cause she's a real little Tiger!!

[​IMG]

And this one is a story about my life so far.. my experiences with music and the rave scene in the 90's and of course the flames that almost burnt me!! (Being all the E in the 90's) This is still underway... the weird patchy color is actually an undercoat which still needs loads of color.. the rainbow still gets loads of dark detailing over it.. I've had about 9hrs on this so far and have at least as much to go on it!!!

[​IMG]

At the top the flames will join the water from the tiger to form clouds on my shoulders and maybe lighting

[​IMG]

I've spent a sum total of 21hrs in tattooists chairs so far :D

Attached Files:

13. Most recent one done Sunday, Fort Worth clock tower ( court house). Have half sleeve and working on the other, back, chest worked on but not finished.

Attached Files:

14. [​IMG]

my Lady Gaga portrait.

15. You don't REALLY have a PERMANENT tattoo of lady gaga on your arm??!! surely not??!!?!?!

16. [quote name='"Grassmatt420"']You don't REALLY have a PERMANENT tattoo of lady gaga on your arm??!! surely not??!!?!?![/quote]

Lmao. He got a lady gaga shirt too reppin hard

17. .........

why?

18. I'm assuming because that's a chick and she really likes lady gaga

anyways...I have a bad ass cobra on my arm and a sepultura S on my leg with Max's real sig tatted under it..They're all 10+ years old I really need something new

19. [quote name='"nolastnamex"']

why?[/quote]

Ummm.... Cause she's one of those Brittany spears esque flash in the pan artists who will be about as fashionable as Jason Donavan about 2yrs from now.... You wouldn't want Jason Donavan on your arm for all time now would you?

The again.. Maybe someone does have a Jason Donavan tat... I suppose if you like lady gaga then that's your vibe :) its all good and it IS a very good tat even if it is of lady gaga... I guess it's just weird.. Almost like getting a Rick santorum tattoo!

20. Well, I guess I will explain it as best as possible... First of all, I also have 36 other tattoos so I am not new to going under the needle... All of my tattoos represent something that has affected me in my life in a profound way (as tattoos should represent, in my opinion)... i have memorial tattoos, tattoos that pay tribute to some of my favorite bands, books, characters, movies... and yes, music... i was raised on rock and roll and sort of stumbled across Lady Gaga by accident. I went to a show at a local club when she was just getting started, and i didn't really "get" her musically at the time- but what i was moved by was her message. and in the 4 years since her message has remained the same. its about connecting to your individuality, being strong and proud of who you are, and an appreciation of equality. some people may not find these to be important motivators, but as a gay woman who was on the brink of death because of society induced shame, major depression, and crippling anxiety, i needed someplace to connect... yes, my tattoo is a portrait of lady gaga, but it symbolizes much more than that for me. it is a tribute to my friends, my experiences, and the changes i have made in my life. we all connect to something, and it may not always be what someone else connects to. and if lady gaga is gone from the music scene in 5 years (or less even. its possible, of course), no one can take away the way my life has been shaped and changed over the last several years... so judge if you must. people do from time to time, but there is my story.