Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tastytrichomess Simple Joint Tutorial - Using Card (No Tip Required)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tastytrichomes, Jul 4, 2013.

1. In this tutorial, I'll show you how to roll a joint with a card. I don't take credit for the original technique, as I've seen it on YouTube, but this is my variation of the technique and I find it very easy. I use e-z wider paper for a nice dime (0.5-0.7) joint.

Get your bud ground up, but not too shaky.

[​IMG]

Fill up your joint in the shape that you want. Make sure it's spread out evenly. I prefer a slight cone shape. It doesn't really matter. Leave a little bit of space at both ends. A little bit of bud will fall out, it's fine.

[​IMG]

Next, we're going to use the card to tuck and roll it from the front. Make sure the paper's front side is a little lower than the other so there are no complications with them touching later (you'll know what I mean if you fuck up). How I have it in this picture is not how you want it.

[​IMG]

Cut across the front while you pull the back side up gently. This will create a slight tuck for you to work with.

[​IMG]

Here is the main part. Lay the joint down. Grab the back side paper and the card, carefully moving the card up and down with the joint until it is tight, but not too tight, as the paper may rip.

[​IMG]

When you are satisfied, grab the joint tightly with your thumb and remove the card.

[​IMG]

Then lick the sticky (don't get it too wet) and slowly roll it forward on your flat surface. If you did a good job shaping it, it will easily roll to complete the joint.

What I like to do now is hold the joint in place on the table, sticky-side down, for about a minute to ensure that the joint sticks together. Let the joint dry out a bit. Twist off the side you're going to spark (unless you're going to smoke it right away), and poke the end side in slightly with something. I prefer to use the end of my headphones cord.

If your joint is too tight for you to smoke, what you want to do is go down the joint from tip to end and slightly squeeze with your thumb and pointer finger. Go down the whole thing doing it in all areas, but try to avoid doing it at the lower portion as you need a tight roll to prevent the weed from falling out. When you're done they should look very much like this:

[​IMG]

Remember that despite how easy this technique is, it's not that easy to roll a joint. It takes a steady hand. After you do this about 5-10 times, you will definitely be able to roll a solid joint every time. It can be frustrating when you fuck up. Just be careful and patient.

2. great guide man, pictures are paramount! 

I've always wanted to try this method; but i always forget. maybe this will remind me, I always loved rolling completely by hand but sometimes my hands just are too sweaty or shaky and I can't roll much of anything very well. This would come in very handy in those situations. thanks! 

3. Nice tutorial tasty!

4. The only joint rolling technique I use. :D
    Works great once you get the hang of it.

5. I don't really understand the actual card tuck part, do you stick it in behind the weed to help tuck the paper under your bud?

Yeah, what you're doing is bringing the paper over and underneath the bud, then by placing it on the table, moving the card up and down with the back side paper, you're allowing it to be tucked further so the actual rolling is incredibly easy.

7. You can also roll a blunt (dutch) like this, but you need to be a lot more careful since the leaf is more likely to rip. The thing with a blunt is that your roll can be slightly shitty and when you put the exterior leaf on, it will be a lot better.

[​IMG]

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. I've always been really bad at rolling despite hours of practicing... My goal for the summer is to be able to roll decent Js, I'll give this technique a shot... I've tried pencil rolling, cones, the 'boat' etc, but I just can't seem to get it :(

It's very simple. Trust me. You'll get it.

People might not like it because it's "cheating the roll" but it sure as hell rolls a lot better and you're still doing the work as opposed to using a rolling machine. It's just being a perfectionist really. I treat each joint like a work of art.

10. Good tutorial. I suck at rolling joints without a machine, will have to give this a go.

11. I use a dollar bill, guess that's kind of similar to this. I roll perfect smoking joints almost every time. Can't see using any other method, hand rolling is a pain in the ass.

12. In this tutorial, I'll show you how to roll a joint with a card.
    [​IMG]

13. I swear trichomes we're like brothers or something. I love using this trick

14. good stuff man! missed being on this site. hope your doing alright tasty