Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tar in marijuana? (Picture)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 420 flame, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Blew my hit out through a napkin and it has thick brown tarish substance. This must be coverin your lungs lungs. What is this? I though weed wasnt bad for u. Sorry if this is stupid question im quite baked :D

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

Attached Files:

2. tar/resin it does have carcinogens like tar but it also has cbd's which cure cancer so it kinda cancels out

3. [quote name='"ZionLion2"']tar/resin it does have carcinogens like tar but it also has cbd's which cure cancer so it kinda cancels out[/quote]

You think it makes it a bit harder to breath when i smoke a lot because that happens to me.

4. of course there is tar you are inhaling plant matter.....

5. Smoking anything isn't really good for your lungs, not to say it is necessarily harming them..probably to a negligible degree for most people

6. yeah theres tar in all smoke.. but the real question is why the fuck did you blow a hit into a napkin hahah

7. It's smoke, dude...

8. Is that tar? Or snot?

9. You're smoking, there's ways to clean up the smoke but it's still gonna be smoke. Invest in a vape if you're worried about it. Marijuana smoke is in no way nearly as bad as tobacco smoke especially big corporation tobacco but you're still smoking at the end of the day

10. Off topic OP but your Avi is fucking awesome! Haha saw that same poster at Spencer's

11. But what I was trying to say is that CBD (Cannabidiol) is only ONE of many cannabinoids, and it does not cure cancer.

12. The Cannabinoids in the smoke is gonna counteract what the tar could do.

Think about it, how many weed-only smokers do you see getting lung cancer? Shit even the people who smoke weed and cigarettes dont get it as much as someone who smokes only cigarettes.

13. [quote name='"ShibbySchwab"']yeah theres tar in all smoke.. but the real question is why the fuck did you blow a hit into a napkin hahah[/quote]

Lol. Good question. Idk. Just to see what would happen haha

14. [quote name='"Tokeup2day"']Off topic OP but your Avi is fucking awesome! Haha saw that same poster at Spencer's[/quote]

Thx. I took the picture of the actual poster in my room now.

Attached Files:

15. Im not at all worried about it. Im not a lil bitchhhhh :p. but i was just curious. I couldnt stop smoking :)

16. That stuff that is in your napkin, and is in your lungs, is the SAME exact stuff that collects in your bongs/pipes (aka resin). Simply just the condensation of hot smoke from combusted plant matter on relatively cold surfaces (glass, lungs, ect).

17. i agree with you there

but smoke is still bad

dont forget about emphysema & asthma (asthma is genetic but smoke can potentially set it off for some people diagnosed with it)

thats why edibles are medicinally the way to go....unless you can not eat and you must smoke :devious:

18. People seem to forget common sense when smoking weed. It's smoke (which obviously will produce tar), and smoke of any kind isn't good for your lungs. In defense though, I started the bad habit of smoking cigarettes on occasion, and I must say the cigarettes have had a far worse effect on my lungs and body than my many years of habitual weed smoking. BUT, smoke of any kind is obviously not going to have a positive effect on your lungs...

19. Ive done the same thing though OP, not gonna lie :smoke:

20. Lol what a "kinda" statement. You say it as if everyone that smokes weed is a cancer patient, or everyone that lives will eventually get cancer so they should smoke weed to not get cancer? :confused: