Tap water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by High as Space, Nov 20, 2010.

1. how safe is it? ours is tested and safe to drink, nothing too high or low. PH is about 6.0 and ive been using it combined with bottled water..
    i heard buying water from walmart or whatever is the best, but its like 50 cents a gallon and pulling up with 3 carts full of water would be pretty lame.

2. The water in my area is safe and I use it with no problems but some areas have as much chlorine as a swimming pool. not good for plants

3. #3 maulcoy, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    Your ph is fine, just when adding nutes you must include the ppm of solids in you're tap water to get the right reading on a tds meter or ppm meter.PH will drop with the nutes added & raise as the plants use it.keep it between 5.5 and 6.8 6.2 is optimal.

4. ok, just making sure my tap is safe to use 100%

... ill keep and eye out for the chlorine.

5. [quote name='High as Space']ok, just making sure my tap is safe to use 100%

... ill keep and eye out for the chlorine.[/QUOTE

Put your water in a bucket add an aquarium pump put the hose with an airstone in the botto0m of the bucket to agitate the water and the chlorine will dissipate in 24hrs.Now it's safe!!

6. I use rain water collected from my house gutters. I used to use well water with a ph of around 9-10, but it took so much acid that there wasn't any room for ferts. The rain water is ph6.5, perfect so no ph down/up and plenty of room for ferts.

7. mines well water at 6.0

8. You don't even need an airstone + aqua pump...just let the water sit on an open bucket for 24-48 hrs and the chlorine will evaporate by itself.