Tap water for marijuana

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Theprox, Oct 28, 2017.

1. How Can I check my tap water levels to see if its good for my plants?

I got a cup of tap water & immediately checked the PH & it was 7.3.

This doesn’t tell me how much chemicals are in it though.

Would letting the water sit out for 24 hours or more be good enough to water the plants?

2. Get a PPM(parts per million) meter. Theyre like $15 and come in handy throughout the grow.. I think most agree that PPM below 150ish is acceptable. The lower the better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. And yeah, always let water sit for 24-48 hours to let the chlorine evaporate

4. I used tap water the whole way though and the PPM was so low it never even regesterd on my meter... yeah meant to leave it out for 24 hours but a lot of the time I would forget too the day before and just use straight tap water with no problems at all..

• Like Like x 3
  5. I don't know where the OP lives but in the US, half of the nation uses chloramine not chlorine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. And I live in Reno Nevada..THE OTHER HALF....LMAO

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don't even bother with letting water sit. Do you some of you have dirty water?

I just Googled my city water report and found that the last test found .7ppm of chlorine.

They define ppm as gram per liter or one Oz in 7350 gallons of water

• Like Like x 1
  8. If your on city water get a copy of the city water report like dedicated mentioned, if your on a private we'll send a sample into a local lab, I got a very detailed report with everything you ever wanted to know about your well water for $70....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Federal limit is 500 PPM I think. My water is 430 PPM :(

10. PPM of my tap water is 170. After letting it sit for 24hrs+ it’s 150.

Is this good? Can I feed my plants this

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. PPM of my tap water is 170. After letting it sit for 24hrs+ it’s 150.

Is this good? Can I feed my plants this

12. Yeah it's fine...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1