Tap-root.. Now what?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by j0lly, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Alright so my seed has its little root and i placed in it my party cup. Now do i place it under a light? and is 300 Watt to much?:confused:

2. I'm on my first grow too, from what I've read and what I did is put them under 24 hour light for the first week or so. Also I'm using a 250watt mh which seems to do alright I keep it about 18-20 inches from my babies. The same would probably be ok for you too. Make sure to not over water.. check out my last thread if you want to see pics

3. Thanks ROOKIE! and alright will do. :hello:

4. 24/0 for 2 weeks, 18/6 for 2 more :) and then 12/12 :)

OR

18/6 for longer if you want a possibly greater yield..

basically you want at least 8 to 12 inches before you flower :)

5. 300 watt should be plenty. keep it at least 2 feet away for the first week or two. also they dont really need a photoperiod yet. i run my veg lights 24 hours a day with great results. i also feel that when i do switch them to 12/12 they show signs of flowering alot sooner.

6. #6 DaCultivator, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
    At this point, be gentle and keep the light at least 24" above if u are using HID.
    What sorta light are u getting 300 W from?Be careful with watering and stay away from the nutes for at least another week...What type of soil u using?

You want to keep your lights at between 18/6 and 24/0 but CONSISTENCY in lighting schedule is key. Also,, you want to stay with ur chosen lighting until you have ur first preflowers which usually takes between 4 and 8 weeks after your first set of true leaves (after the cotyledons). You can change sooner but in all my experience, it does not speed the process and only slows photosynthesis if u change to 12/12 before preflowers show.
    Good luck, read alot online!!

7. Hey thanks alot. Its a CFL light. And the soil is cheap potting soil from lowes. I have some fox fire but i wasn't going to use that until they outgrow the party cups because it has nutes in it. At least that's what i heard to do lol. Oh and i plan on planting them in a 3 gallon

8. nah that's completely right...

yeah, you dont need any foreign nutes now.. (or later, if your soil can do the job) but most can't.. so yeah keep em 24/0, or 18/6 for now.. at least till you reach an optimal, flowering size.. and that depends on what your needs are..

basically, as soon as they hit 12/12. they WILL flower.. so get size now.. once you hit flower.. they will about double in overall size... so. yeah :)

go on that :) and you'll be fine.