Tap root help!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by masdiesel, Feb 20, 2017.

1. If a tap root broke, unsure if it was the tap root, hopefully just a root, but I was filling the res, and the first sign of root out of the net pot broke off from some tubing inside the res.... Will this kill the plant??? 20170219_134551.jpg 20170219_134604.jpg 20170219_135457.jpg 20170219_135533.jpg

2. Back left plant, second picture has root. Actually took these photos this morning, and the root had grown about 1/8 - 1/4 inch since then...

3. Only time will tell.

But that A LOT of plants for that tote. Are you just starting them there to transfer?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Started them from reg seed, guessing half male half female, only time will tell. Its a 16 5/8 gal tote. Prob try and run 2 or 3 in it. This is my first hydro setup, going to run trellis and see how it goes. The tote fills up 2/3 the 4x2x5 tent.

5. Ah gotcha. Defiantly a SCROG would be goods. Might want to consider adding a drain. Bulkhead fitting would work. Make res changes a lot easier.

Or you could use a small pump and use one of the spaces you had one of the netcups in.

Good luck with the grow!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have this setup ATM fricken sucks 2 plants just out grew the others blocking light. I would be chopping anything that gets on top of others till you see male or female. I wish to god I could go back and just have 6 buckets.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I setup my pump with a Y splitter to have a drain tube with a ball valve. But inside the bucket with all the air hose lines, irrigation top feed lines, and pump hoses. Thinking the roots will just wrap around all that and if I open the res, I will be breaking off roots... Seems like Ill need to do the bucket system , plus having the ability to house more plants

8. Man, the buckets is the way to go.. If you go bubble bucket style, you can get a small pump and connect them and drain through a long line. When I get to the point I cant just pick them up, that's my plan. Going to make a fill / drain header that will just stay connected. Each of my buckets has a ball valve to isolate.

I got this, it seems like the 180GPH isn't in stock currently but it works AWESOME. I drop it in my buckets as well when I'm mixing nutrients. Made up a connector as well to "mix" the water in my buckets when needed and take readings without ever opening them -

9. Man your buckets look pro asf! I am totally worried id have a leak. Also want to set up a res so I can top feed and have overflow hole in the buckets to return to the res. Sounds like a lot of work and maybe not worth all that, but having to check each individual bucket and adjust seems like more work and not as balanced as a res could be. Your air pump looks awesome. I want to get that one now, my ecoair 2 port is okay, How noisy is your air pump, and it came with the 6 valve fitting? Do you like the hydro logic ro filter? Is it inline just turn on and fill up buckets or does it come with a bladder? I was thinking of getting the same one.

10. Haha thanks man, credit goes to rumple though. You can search his bubble bucket method on here.

I had leaks, just had to adjust the gaskets a bit and all good! Just takes a loooong time to make them especially wrapping them.

The air-pump is decently quiet. My bed is directly on the other side of the wall and I can't hear it. I hear the fans over the air pump. When I was running two.. that was a different story. Pretty sure they kinda have a break-in period because the first one seems more quiet. Maybe I'm just used to it. I ditched the second and setup my vegetable tent, and I mean vegetables all Kratky. So far so good! So just DWC for the girls.

I manually fill my water containers with the RO. The unit is GREAT though. Have it hooked up to our fridge with a 3gal expansion tank. The TDS are elevated, so I shut off the valve to the expansion tank and then fill. Knows as TDS creep.

• Like Like x 1